From: Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>
Date: 2021-01-24 12:32 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Deck

Dear all,

I finally made it to get my Beugler striping tool. Not easy since the California Branch does not even answer emails and the European branch is in the UK. So nowadays outside Europe....

Anyhow my Q is... Which kind of paint did you use for the deck stripes and how did you dilute it etc. I find many pics in the gallery, but thats it. Thanks
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

We used International Toplac Ivory with about 10% Toplac Cream as international no longer make Brightside. The mix was a very good max. We brought the Beugler tool but didn’t use it as we felt we got a much straighter line using masking tape and once it was masked it was very easy to paint two coats using an artist brush.

Whole job took about 100hrs and used 200 rolls of tape and 750ml paint for two coats.

We are very happy with the job.

Regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

On Sunday, January 24, 2021, 8:43 pm, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

Ww used Interlux Brightsides Hatteras White with a flattening agent. Very close match. Two coats. Looks great after three years. About 40 hours per coat. Be careful with the striping tool. Despite many attempts to thicken it, dwe found the paint still gets runny coming out of the chamber and onto the wheel. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy

I finally made it to get my Beugler striping tool. Not easy since the California Branch does not even answer emails and the European branch is in the UK. So nowadays outside Europe....

Anyhow my Q is... Which kind of paint did you use for the deck stripes and how did you dilute it etc. I find many pics in the gallery, but thats it. Thanks
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Ian Townsend

https://www.amazon.com/Interlux-Y4218-QT-Polyurethane-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B000XBD3RI?th=1&psc=1

Sent from my Galaxy

We used International Toplac Ivory with about 10% Toplac Cream as international no longer make Brightside. The mix was a very good max. We brought the Beugler tool but didn’t use it as we felt we got a much straighter line using masking tape and once it was masked it was very easy to paint two coats using an artist brush.

Whole job took about 100hrs and used 200 rolls of tape and 750ml paint for two coats.

We are very happy with the job.

Regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

[...]

International Reps I spoke to advised that Brightside has been discontinued and now replaced by Toplac which is why you will see that sites like Amazon have it listed as CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE and not sure if it will be available in future.

We found Toplac polyurethane paint easy to use and looks great. Time will tell with regards to durability.

Regards