Updated Event: ZOOM - Jimmy Cornell - Pacific Voyage Planning - Confirmed - Saturday, 13 February 2021 #cal-invite

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

ZOOM - Jimmy Cornell - Pacific Voyage Planning - Confirmed

When:
Saturday, 13 February 2021
20:00 to 21:00
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Organizer: Bill Rouse BROUSE@... 4093563221

29 Jan Update - Canceled

Jimmy Cornell is joining our group again for another Ocean passage briefing.
This event will be the Pacific Voyage Planning. The Atlantic Voyage Planning meeting we had in October has been viewed by over 1219 Amel Owners and Amel enthusiasts.

Jimmy Cornell has influenced the contemporary cruising scene more than any other sailor. An accomplished sailor, public speaker, and author, he has sailed over 200,000 miles in all oceans of the world including three circumnavigations as well as voyages to Antarctica and the Northwest Passage.

Thousands of sailors have fulfilled their dream of blue water cruising with the help of Jimmy Cornell’s books, among them the international bestseller World Cruising Routes. Now in its 8th edition, and with over 200,000 copies sold to date, this is one of the best selling nautical publications in the world.

As the founder of the highly successful ARC transatlantic rally, Jimmy Cornell is credited with having devised the offshore cruising rally concept. In the last four decades, Jimmy Cornell has organized 38 transatlantic rallies, five round the world rallies, and one round the world race, with over 3,000 boats and 15,000 sailors having participated in his sailing events.

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!

We are very pleased that Jimmy has taken time out of his very busy schedule to give a special ZOOM presentation to the Amel Yacht Owners Group. I encourage you to RSVP soon for this meeting.

Zoom Meeting:
https://epfl.zoom.us/j/83903104618?pwd=SUF5Q0g4TjJRUFRuMlZpTU43TnFEUT09

Meeting ID: 839 0310 4618
Passcode: 536562

Regrettably, we have to cancel this zoom presentation with Jimmy Cornell. He emailed me and said that he felt it was an injustice to do a presentation on a Pacific Voyage at this time because of the current restrictions in the Pacific countries. We will plan to do the presentation at the end of 2021 for those planning a Pacific Voyage in 2022. This will be better for those planning in 2022 because the information will be fresh.

I am attempting to get someone to present something in February at this date and time and will let you know when I have accomplished this.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 9:16 AM main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!