AMEL Group Insurance -- Update?

VICTOR MOLERO

I am now in the Mediterranean, but thinking about the Caribean for the coming year, so please, put me in the list as well.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Jose Venegas

Bill
I am also looking for insurance
Currently in Cartagena but planning to make it to the Pacific this or next year
Please pot me in the list

José Venegas
Ipanema SM2000 278

karkauai

There is a small group of us that are looking at group insurance options again. We have a group member now who has experience with this who is taking the lead.  Rather than get everyobe involved now, we are going to see what we can put together first, then present it to the group. A new poll should be going out in the near future, I hope everyone will complete it so we have a good understanding of what interest there is, and what owners are looking for.
--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

william reynolds

Insurance
My insurance broker recently  informed me that  they would no longer cover any sailing vessels in the Caribbean, After much discussion with other cruisers and soliciting  bids for coverage I could not find  acceptable coverage. I was in Grenada at the time and another cruiser had just gotten coverage from a little known company there.
The company is Netherlands Ins. Ltd. Based in Grenada with offices in the Netherlands. They don't advertise much but do have an ad in the Caribbean Compass. They have only recently started covering cruising boats and don't have the history of massive hurricane losses. Their main business is large cargo vessels. They are the insurers (carriers) not a broker.'
They are slightly more expensive BUT some of the good points are - No depreciation when replacing or repairing, they cover all arbitration and legal fees in damage matters, they cover lighting strike damage, their deductable is 2% for normal damage and 4% for named storm damage and the real kicker is your cruising limits are worldwide! No limits during named storm season. Contact me if you want more details of my coverage.
Bill Reynolds
S/V Cloudstreet SM2K 331

JB Duler

Rick, the subject of insurance is back on the table. A small group is looking into it (Teun BAAS, Kent Robertson, Ken Powers, Brent Cameron, David Kurtz, David Vogel and myself).

We recently had a brainstorming session, have drafted a survey that hopefully will be out soon after several comments.

We will keep you posted.

--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Mark Erdos

I’ll send a PM

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us