Search: rubber sleeves for joysticks

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Many THX Jamie

there is a APEM german subsidiary to whom i will get in touch directly on monday.
Happy weekend and fair winds.
Best
Ulrich.
<>
Am 19.02.2021 um 17:06 schrieb Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...>:

Ulrich, I think they called them rubber boots but I don't remember. When I ordered, I ordered the joysticks and boots separately. That is the way they work.
Again, the name is APEM.

This is the reference to one of the ones I ordered: SILICONE BOOT FOR 600H SERIES - JOYSTICK plus APEM DPDT Toggle Switch, (On)-Off-(On), Panel Mount

Hope that helps get you pointed to the right terminology RS uses.

Jamie

Mark & Debbie Mueller

I have purchased both replacement switches and boots for the regular toggle switches from Digikey.com.  The boots listed below are silicone however neoprene is also available.  Go to the link and you can look up the datasheet and see the various options for the U1565 boot. These are APEM products.

Boot - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/apem-inc/U1565/1280359
Switch - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/apem-inc/637H-2/1280285?s=N4IgTCBcDaIGwHYCcBaAjGNSQF0C%2BQA
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Jamie Wendell

Ulrich, I think they called them rubber boots but I don't remember. When I ordered, I ordered the joysticks and boots separately. That is the way they work.
Again, the name is APEM.

This is the reference to one of the ones I ordered: SILICONE BOOT FOR 600H SERIES - JOYSTICK plus APEM DPDT Toggle Switch, (On)-Off-(On), Panel Mount

Hope that helps get you pointed to the right terminology RS uses.

Jamie

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi Jamie

THX for your quick and helpful response.
How is the correct name and brand from these sleeves from RS deliberiert. Joystick Cover or ...??
Best
Ulrich

Am 19.02.2021 um 15:03 schrieb Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...>:

By the way, the brand Amel uses is APEM.

Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Jamie Wendell

By the way, the brand Amel uses is APEM.

Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Jamie Wendell

I ordered some total replacement joysticks from Amel for the sail furler controls - the momentary switches. I also ordered additional switches from RS Components for the winch controls and the bow thruster, since Amel does not use the types I needed.

RS Components can supply any that you need, and they sell individual parts as well.

I replaced all my switches with the new style seen on the new Amels (A55 picture below). Very nice and they feel better in your hand than the small original ones, which were falling apart on my A54.

The web address is below:

https://americas.rsdelivers.com/

Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Dear Ameliens, friends of the oceans,

wherever you are, I hope you are in good health!

On our 54 "Soleil Bleu" the rubber sleeves at the bottom of the joysticks for the bow thruster and port side anchor winch are torn and need to be replaced.
Amel is not able to supply individual parts, only complete joysticks. the most luxurious solution.

Even online at Amazon and EBay, no such rubbers are offered.
Do you have any experience with this, a supplier or an idea how I can get on? Any hints or tips are very welcome and appreciated .

Thanks to all. Fair winds and stay safe.

Best wishes and Regards
Ulrich
„Soleil Bleu“ / A54#088

<>