Mastervolt Batery Monitor

Slavko Despotovic

I have Mastervolt BM on my SM that is not working well as it is shoving only positive values of current and very fluctuating (changing value all the time), remaining time is not shown, Ah are unreliable . So I assume that the unit is broken or shunt might send wrong info. Before buying new unit, most likely 712 from Victron I would like to know if there is any similar experience with Mastervolt unit.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

The 712 from Victron is a good monitor, but all battery monitors used with conventional batteries become inaccurate the longer you wait to fully charge your batteries to 100%. Someone could probably write a book as to why this exists, but it does. If it has been longer than 1 week since your batteries were charge to 100%, the readings on the percent of charge will be inaccurate...longer, more inaccurate. Additionally, your Amel came with a Link 10 battery monitor, so someone has changed it to Mastervolt. Do you know if the settings programmed into the Mastervolt are accurate?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:26 AM Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:
I have Mastervolt BM on my SM that is not working well as it is shoving only positive values of current and very fluctuating (changing value all the time), remaining time is not shown, Ah are unreliable . So I assume that the unit is broken or shunt might send wrong info. Before buying new unit, most likely 712 from Victron I would like to know if there is any similar experience with Mastervolt unit.
--
Slavko
SM 2000

Wolfgang Weber <webercardio@...>

Amel 54 #162 came with XANTREX Batteriecheck
Original Programm for 630 Ah wet-cell :
F1  : 630 Ah                   F7 :   1,75                 r.b. : off
F2  :  27,3 V                   F 8  :  500 A              f.f.  : off
F3  :  7,0 %                      F9  :     30 A
F4  :  70 %                      F10 :  none
F5  :  23,5 V                    F11:  - - -
F6 :   80 %                       F12 :  off

Slavko Despotovic

I have checked setting on MV monitor and they are as it should be. When ever I go to marina I plug 220V to my boat so I assume that it is charging to 100% as I stay at the boat 10-12 hours. Strange thing is that it never shows negative value, even when I am only on batteries, the remanning time is all the time CCCC that is strange as well. The remaining  Ah  is number higher than 1000, and I have 440Ah of batteries. On  my previous boat I had AMG 400Ah batteries and Mastervolt monitor that worked perfectly (showing Ah, Voltage, Current drain, ..., including voltage of starting battery as well).  I know the importance of the charging AMG batteries (currently on my Amel). Indication is that most likely  monitor have failed. 
--
Slavko
SM 2000

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hello Wolfgang, and other related Amelians,

your hint and listing of the Xantrex values are very interesting and important for me. we also have the Xantrex battery monitor on "Soleil Bleu" #088, as I'm sure many other 54s do. However, in the operator's manual I find a different listing of the positions as you describe. I have always wanted to readjust our Xantrex, also because we installed a complete AGM bank with Victrons 110 Ah last year, but I don't know the correct basic settings in the Xantrex for Amel 54. Do you perhaps have a newer Xantrex than we do? The manual I have just called up on the net is from Oct 2004. We took over the setting from the previous owner, with classic lead-acid batteries. Surely there are differences? 

Thank you for your much appreciated recommendations.

Fair finds and stay safe.
Ulrich
#

There were 2 different versions of the Xantrex battery monitor used on 54s. 

I believe the Link 10 was used on early 54s, the LinkPro on mid-build 54s, and if I am not mistaken, Mastervolt on the last 54s.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 9:29 AM Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...> wrote:

your hint and listing of the Xantrex values are very interesting and important for me. we also have the Xantrex battery monitor on "Soleil Bleu" #088, as I'm sure many other 54s do. However, in the operator's manual I find a different listing of the positions as you describe. I have always wanted to readjust our Xantrex, also because we installed a complete AGM bank with Victrons 110 Ah last year, but I don't know the correct basic settings in the Xantrex for Amel 54. Do you perhaps have a newer Xantrex than we do? The manual I have just called up on the net is from Oct 2004. We took over the setting from the previous owner, with classic lead-acid batteries. Surely there are differences? 

Ulrich
#

Wolfgang Weber <webercardio@...>

Hello Bill,
We have Xantrex LinkLite - so working only with F1-F12. No history etc.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 (2010)

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi Bill, Servus Wolfgang,

THX for your quick response. But our´s square housing shaped Xantrex is in the product data sheet only as "Xantrex Akku Monitor" named. No "Link , Link Pro, Link Lite" or so.

I found in the Web the same manual as we have obviously on board, but the listing of values to adjust is little different as Wolfgang mentioned, regarding his LinkLite.
May be I can match these settings over on ours? It´s a Monitor, not a charging management, mhm?

If there is anybody in the Group who’s is familiar with same type of monitor, he is able to sent me the correct adjustments (24V), very much appreciated. 

THX for help.
Best wishes and stay safe.

Ulrich.
<>

Am 22.02.2021 um 16:49 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

I believe the Link 10 was used on early 54s, the LinkPro on mid-build 54s, and if I am not mistaken, Mastervolt on the last 54s.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 9:29 AM Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...> wrote:

Ulrich
#

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Servus Ulrich

Our XANTREX Akku Monitor on WASABI A54#55 does have 20 settings (Parameters). I played around with it last year and found out it is more a monitoring and alarming systems. So the settings are for example to set low/high voltage threshold, etc. The manual says that there are parameters which should be kept as default, and some important one can/should be adapted. 

I’m back on WASABI by mid of March and can send you the settings which I have on our AMEL-54. We can even talk on whatsup or Skype if you like. 

Best regards
Ruedi 

Ruedi & Sabina Waldispuehl
"SY WASABI - Amel 54. #55
E-Mail: mail@... 
Currently in ALMERIMAR

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...>
Antworten an: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: Montag, 22. Februar 2021 um 17:07
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Mastervolt Batery Monitor

Hi Bill, Servus Wolfgang,

THX for your quick response. But our´s square housing shaped Xantrex is in the product data sheet only as "Xantrex Akku Monitor" named. No "Link , Link Pro, Link Lite" or so.

I found in the Web the same manual as we have obviously on board, but the listing of values to adjust is little different as Wolfgang mentioned, regarding his LinkLite.
May be I can match these settings over on ours? It´s a Monitor, not a charging management, mhm?

If there is anybody in the Group who’s is familiar with same type of monitor, he is able to sent me the correct adjustments (24V), very much appreciated. 

THX for help.
Best wishes and stay safe.

Ulrich.
<>

Am 22.02.2021 um 16:49 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

Ulrich
#