From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Peter de Groot <pandmdegroot@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 9:11 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] la Querida for sale

Greetings,
It is with mixed feelings that my wife and I have decided to sell la Querida, Super Maramu hull # 207 (year built 1998), currently in the Marina at Barra de Navidad, Mexico.
I have posted more specifics in “yachts for sale” (the sub group)
Please feel free to contact me by email:
pandmdegroot at sbcglobal dot net.

I’ve appreciated this group and the support from all the Amel community.

Fair Winds.
Peter

Ian Townsend

I’m 6’4” and have lived on my SM for 7 years. Plenty of headroom.

Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On Feb 22, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Bob Chapman <bob_chapm@...> wrote:

Hello Peter
My wife and I have been searching for a center-cockpit blue-water-capable sailboat, so i have been lurking on the Amel Owners Group website.

I see your notice of sale, to which I'm responding, but not yet any posting in the Boats for Sale part of the Amel group website.  There is one thing that is mandatory for us: enough headroom at helm, in the salon, and in the master cabin.  I'm 6'-2" tall, so need headroom of 6'-5" at least.  Is your boat that tall?

Thanks
Bob Chapman

It is with mixed feelings that my wife and I have decided to sell la Querida, Super Maramu hull # 207 (year built 1998), currently in the Marina at Barra de Navidad, Mexico.
I have posted more specifics in “yachts for sale” (the sub group)
Please feel free to contact me by email:
pandmdegroot at sbcglobal dot net.

I’ve appreciated this group and the support from all the Amel community.

Fair Winds.
Peter

Mark Garver

Bob,

I am 6’3” and have a Super Maramu and find the headroom ample throughout the interior of the boat. The pass thru area between the main salon and the aft cabin is a bit more restrictive, but I just duck to pass through. I can stand comfortably in the Aft Cabin, Aft Head, Main Salon, Fore Cabin and Fore Head. The only other area where I have to duck a bit is under the bimini top, although several have raised theirs.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Mark
S/V It’s Good
SM #105
Gloucester Point, VA

On Feb 22, 2021, at 3:40 PM, Bob Chapman <bob_chapm@...> wrote:

[...]

Davi Rozgonyi

I'm 6'2, love the headroom on Wake. I think I measured a full 6'8 or 10 inches in most of the saloon, the heads are a bit less but not by much. There are various duck points you will soon learn, but 2 of them are due to waterproof doors fore and aft, so that's a small price to pay. I do find the cockpit a slight stoop unfortunately. Our PO raised the dodger to the maximum height allowed by the boom, which is maybe 4 inches more than standard, a mod you will want to do I think. When piloting the boat from the helm, I love to stand and poke my head out of the small row of windows however. Overall, it feels very nice even for a tall person on an amel...

Peter de Groot

Greetings Bob,
I am 6’-3” and have no problems getting around the boat. As others have posted, I can stand comfortably in the main cabin. Our dodger/Bimini is a bit low, but I’ve seen on this forum other owners have modified theirs to provide more headroom.

I have posted in the “Yachts for Sale” subgroup. As I understand it, a subscription is required, but is easily obtained by request.

yachtforsale at AmelYachtOwners dot groups dot io.

If you are unable to get there, please contact me directly (out side of the group) and I will get you the information I’ve posted.

Thanks
Peter
La Querida, SM#207
Barra de Navidad, Mexico

Bob Chapman

Thanks Davi
Bob

On Feb 23, 2021, at 12:42 AM, Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:

I'm 6'2, love the headroom on Wake. I think I measured a full 6'8 or 10 inches in most of the saloon, the heads are a bit less but not by much. There are various duck points you will soon learn, but 2 of them are due to waterproof doors fore and aft, so that's a small price to pay. I do find the cockpit a slight stoop unfortunately. Our PO raised the dodger to the maximum height allowed by the boom, which is maybe 4 inches more than standard, a mod you will want to do I think. When piloting the boat from the helm, I love to stand and poke my head out of the small row of windows however. Overall, it feels very nice even for a tall person on an amel...

Chip Beaman

Is La Querida still for sale? If so please reach out to me at

chipfrog128@....

thank you