Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

Umberto Milici

Hello Jean-Pierre,

thank you I will evaluate all the opportunities before deciding
greetings

Umberto

Da: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> per conto di Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...>
Inviato: sabato 27 febbraio 2021 21:15
A: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

Hello Umberto,

If you research this topic on sailing sites, you’ll find some support for these devices but much more for solar panels.

If you have a shaft generator on your main engine, this unit is much more effficient.

But... it is your decision :-)

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, New Zealand

On 28 Feb 2021, at 07:58, Umberto Milici <umberto@...> wrote:

hello to all,
I would like to install at the stern of my SM2K 456 an wind generator Air Breeze type mounted on a pole, someone has some photos or ideas to report to me.
thanks

Umberto

SM2K 456 "Be Quiet2"

Da: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> per conto di Daniel Alexander Thompson <Thompson.Xander@...>
Inviato: giovedì 25 febbraio 2021 16:32:41
A: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Oggetto: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Guys

I'm currently hoping to purchase an Amel Mango in Split, Croatia. Right now, I am in Panama City and unable to get to Croatia in the next four weeks. I am hoping there be an Amel owner in Split or the surrounding area who might be able to take a look at her for me. I would be more than willing to pay an hourly rate for the time taken and cover any and all travel expenses. 

Also if anybody knows a respected marine surveyor in Croatia (perhaps Split) please do let me know.

Bestest Regards

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Umberto,

If you research this topic on sailing sites, you’ll find some support for these devices but much more for solar panels.

If you have a shaft generator on your main engine, this unit is much more effficient.

But... it is your decision :-)

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, New Zealand

On 28 Feb 2021, at 07:58, Umberto Milici <umberto@...> wrote:

hello to all,
I would like to install at the stern of my SM2K 456 an wind generator Air Breeze type mounted on a pole, someone has some photos or ideas to report to me.
thanks

Umberto

SM2K 456 "Be Quiet2"

Da: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> per conto di Daniel Alexander Thompson <Thompson.Xander@...>
Oggetto: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Guys

I'm currently hoping to purchase an Amel Mango in Split, Croatia. Right now, I am in Panama City and unable to get to Croatia in the next four weeks. I am hoping there be an Amel owner in Split or the surrounding area who might be able to take a look at her for me. I would be more than willing to pay an hourly rate for the time taken and cover any and all travel expenses. 

Also if anybody knows a respected marine surveyor in Croatia (perhaps Split) please do let me know.

Bestest Regards

Umberto Milici

hello to all,
thanks

Umberto

SM2K 456 "Be Quiet2"

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Guys

Bestest Regards

eric freedman

Olivier worked at Amel for over 20 years.

In fact he was my instructor for the one week class at Amel  when I received Kimberlite.

Fair Winds

Eric

Olivier BEAUTE / ATLANTIC YACHT SURVEY
32 avenue des Corsaires
17000 LA ROCHELLE
Tel: +33 546 522 147   Mob: +33 674 028 243
 http://atlanticyachtsurvey.com

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Daniel Alexander Thompson
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 12:00 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

Thanks Eric

How do i get in contact with Olivier to find out a quote for this work?

Daniel Alexander Thompson

Thanks Eric

How do i get in contact with Olivier to find out a quote for this work?

eric freedman

Dear Daniel,

If you are considering buying Mango, I would ask one of the volunteers to take a look at it.

However, before you sign a contract I would ask Olivier to fly there to survey the boat.

There is no one that knows more about Amel’s than he does.

Whatever the cost it would be worth it as there could be something wrong with the boat that an owner might not

see and cost you a fortune to fix.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Daniel Alexander Thompson
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 10:33 AM
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

Hello Guys

Bestest Regards 

Edited

Thanks, Bill.

I sent a private message, Slavko. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply, Mohammad, I will give this good consideration. 

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi;

Our Amel is currently wintered in Montenegro. We are not on board and will not be there for at least another month or two. We did have to hire a surveyor due to insurance requirements last year, even though we could not travel due to COVID. The surveyor turned out to be very professional and responsive. He is not an Amel expert, but could potentially provide some useful feedback. If you wish, I could reach out to him and see if a pre-purchase visit would be possible and what would be the costs, or put you in direct contact. Let me know which you prefer.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Alexander Thompson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 7:33 AM
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel Mango in Split - Can somebody take a look at it for me? I'm happy to pay for the Service. #solution

Hello Guys

Bestest Regards 

Slavko Despotovic

Hello,

i am in Ljubljana, Slovenia, 6 hours drive from Split. I could go and check for you. I would need to do PSR test. I can go there next week.

regards,
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

This is a great way for someone nearby to help a Buyer of an Amel. I really hope there is someone nearby.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:32 AM Daniel Alexander Thompson <Thompson.Xander@...> wrote:
Hello Guys

Bestest Regards 

Edited

Hello Guys

Also if anybody knows a respected marine surveyor in Croatia (perhaps Split) please do let me know. (I deleted the other message about this)

Bestest Regards