Pilot bulb bilge pump

Eloi Bamberg

Hallo,
I had to replace the pilot bulb of the bilge pump on the 24v panel. The red cover was fixed with some silicon like stuff. What is the correct way to fix this cover? It is not staying in place without any 'help'.

regards,

Eloi
SM2K 426, Red Lion

I am fairly sure that the red cover was glued in place with something. When I had to replace the bulb, I bought an LED bulb and 8mm fixture. See below info.

image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 12:44 PM Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:
Hallo,
I had to replace the pilot bulb of the bilge pump on the 24v panel. The red cover was fixed with some silicon like stuff. What is the correct way to fix this cover? It is not staying in place without any 'help'.

regards,

Eloi
SM2K 426, Red Lion

Eloi Bamberg

Hallo Bill,
Thank you for your answer. Good idea to replace with an LED in a 8mm housing. I didn't found this hint in my version of your great book.
regards,
Eloi
SM2K 426, Red Lion