Perkins Prima M50 Transmission ratio


Aras Grinius
 

Would anyone know the transmission ration for a Perkins Prima M50 engine with a Hurth transmission gear ratio?  My prop measure 19".
I'm replacing my engine with a Beta Marine 50 and TCM 60 Tranny (2:1) gear ratio.  To the best of knowledge this should be fine....unless someone has other info.

So with a new engine painted red, I should be faster!  Alot faster than I am now.....

Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988


michael winand
 

I went with the 2.45 tmc with a beta 60. Using the auto prop.
I would ask beta what they suggest. 
Michael  Nebo sm251 


On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 4:58 am, Aras Grinius
<aras.grinius@...> wrote:
Would anyone know the transmission ration for a Perkins Prima M50 engine with a Hurth transmission gear ratio?  My prop measure 19".
I'm replacing my engine with a Beta Marine 50 and TCM 60 Tranny (2:1) gear ratio.  To the best of knowledge this should be fine....unless someone has other info.

So with a new engine painted red, I should be faster!  Alot faster than I am now.....

Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988


Aras Grinius
 

Thanks Michael.  
Aras 
Sharki #163 1988

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:35 PM michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:
I went with the 2.45 tmc with a beta 60. Using the auto prop.
I would ask beta what they suggest. 
Michael  Nebo sm251 


On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 4:58 am, Aras Grinius
Would anyone know the transmission ration for a Perkins Prima M50 engine with a Hurth transmission gear ratio?  My prop measure 19".
I'm replacing my engine with a Beta Marine 50 and TCM 60 Tranny (2:1) gear ratio.  To the best of knowledge this should be fine....unless someone has other info.

So with a new engine painted red, I should be faster!  Alot faster than I am now.....

Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988



--
Aras Grinius


Volker
 

Hi Aras,

the ratio on my original Perkins M50 / Hurth was 2,74:1
The prop is the original 19 x 13.
I am in the process to replace the engine by a Nanni N4.50 with TM 345 gear box with a 2:1 ratio. The yard will adapt the prop.

Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki no. 176


Aras Grinius
 

Excellent info Thank you Volker

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:03 AM Volker <Puchta@...> wrote:
Hi Aras,

the ratio on my original Perkins M50 / Hurth was 2,74:1
The prop is the original 19 x 13.
I am in the process to replace the engine by a Nanni N4.50 with TM 345 gear box with a 2:1 ratio. The yard will adapt the prop.

Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki no. 176



--
Aras Grinius


Grant Starling
 

Aras,

Just fitted an overhauled Hurth gearbox to my Perkins M50. 

Same as Volker 2,74:1 ratio. 

BTW if anyone needs a refurbished hurth gearbox I can highly recommend DRINKWAARD MARINE in the Netherlands.  I dealt with a gent called Arco - brilliant service and they gave me 300 euros back for my box.

Best
Grant