Jib sheet traveller - resource for new spiral springs or rubber buffers

Michael & Robyn

Greetings!

try https://euromarinetrading.com/
this is where we got our ANTAL spare parts. Very responsive, very knowledgeable.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417

Stefan Schaufert

Hello Steve,

I tried this as well - directly form Antal (antal@...). But got no response.
Do you used a special or another contact?

Thx a lot for your feedback.

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

Martin Birkhoff

Dear Arno, Roque, Steve,

thanks for your helpful information.

Martin
Mago del Sur 54#40

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi
       We just oredered them direct from Antal.

Y-X1041 Y-X0113

DESCRIZIONE DESCRIPTION

SPRING FOR CARTER FOR GENOA CAR 40X8(MAT18)

WASHER FIBRE 8X17X0,5

Regards

Steve

Dusk sm 378

Roque

Hi
Regarding the rubber, I got mine from SAV Amel, Euro 4,8 each. They call them "Embout caoutchouc/ rubber stop"
Before ordering, I sent photos  to Maud so she could get the exact model.
Hope it helps

Roque
Attika
A54 -117
Paraty- Brazil

Em qui., 11 de mar. de 2021 às 11:58, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> escreveu:

Stefan / Martin,

I just replaced a few of those springs and rubber blocks. You can ask any Antal dealer to order them from Antal. That is what I did.
Be very explicit about what you need using tracksize, pictures and other descriptions to make sure you get what you need.
These rubber block come in may different sizes depending on the car/stopper configuration. They just glue in place.
Also make sure the bolt that holds the "wheel" is tight. I lost one during a passage and apparently that happens to others as well. I use threadlocker to prevent the nut from loosening.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Arno Luijten

Stefan / Martin,

I just replaced a few of those springs and rubber blocks. You can ask any Antal dealer to order them from Antal. That is what I did.
Be very explicit about what you need using tracksize, pictures and other descriptions to make sure you get what you need.
These rubber block come in may different sizes depending on the car/stopper configuration. They just glue in place.
Also make sure the bolt that holds the "wheel" is tight. I lost one during a passage and apparently that happens to others as well. I use threadlocker to prevent the nut from loosening.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Martin Birkhoff

Hallo Stefan

what a surprise, until to your question we did not reckognize that the spiral springs on our genoa cars are broken too. If there is a possibility to get new ones we are interested.

Martin
Mago del Sur - 54#40

Stefan Schaufert

Dear Amelians,

the spiral springs on our Genoa and Staysail Sheet Cars are nearly all broken.
Thus a flapping Sail causes heavy banging etc..

Does anybody knows a resource to get this special spiral springs or appropriate rubber buffers?
I found nothing.