From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of eric freedman
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 3:58 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Mounting of the 175 amp alternator on a Yanmar

Hi Mark,

Thank you,

I am using the same setup that was on my old Yanmar. I just had to take off the serpentine belt and change the pulleys to accommodate a V belt. Since the alternator that came with the new engine was not an isolated ground and I did not want to use it as I have a spare from the old engine.

I also swapped the senders from the old engine to the new engine. Amazingly when I plugged in the harnesses, it all worked.

Amazing !!

Fair Winds

Eric