Cockpit locker leak?

Porter McRoberts

I take everything out and climb in with a flashlight. If I can fit. Then have the crew spray the area with water.

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152 Tahiti
WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206
Www.fouribis.net

On Mar 21, 2021, at 12:23 PM, Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:

Kevin,

For pesky, hard to find leaks a technique that has helped me several times is to liberally dust the suspected area with talcum power or corn starch.  It makes it much easier to follow the trail back to the source.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Hollywood, FL, USA

Bill Kinney

Kevin,

For pesky, hard to find leaks a technique that has helped me several times is to liberally dust the suspected area with talcum power or corn starch.  It makes it much easier to follow the trail back to the source.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Hollywood, FL, USA

there is a "gutter" on the port edge of the inside of the hatch. Fill it with water and check for drainage or a drain clog.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 9:06 AM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
Hello  fellow Amelians,

After some heavy rain last night I noticed a fair amount of fresh water accumulating inside our SM cockpit locker.

I figured before I climbed inside the locker with a flashlight while my wife runs the hose over the deck and cockpit to try to pinpoint the source for this pesky leak I’d check with the brain trust to see if there’s a common leak source first?  Cockpit gaskets are all new and intact.

Thanks for the assist.

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA