Leaking deck hatch latch

Bob Grey

Hi, replaced the Oring, leak solved.

Bob Grey

Thanks guys, sounds like it’s an oring on the shaft, that’s my job tomorrow., note it’s the forward deck locker with a southco latch not the Lewmar  cabin hatches.

Scott SV Tengah

Where is it leaking? I have a 54 but we have Southco latches, too. One was leaking on the shaft. If you see rust on the shaft itself, it's likely the o-ring on the shaft. Take it apart and replace the o-ring and you're good to go. Arno was the first to do it (to my knowledge) so search for his posts.

If it's the sikaflex, just unbolt the whole latch and reseal.

No need nor advantage to replace the whole thing.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

Vladan SV PAME

Bob,

you can check here for Lewmar spare parts https://www.helmstock.com/hatches-latches-portlights/hatches-portlights-boat/lewmar-hatches-spare-parts.html?p=1

They are very efficient with delivery.

--
Vladan

A54 #157 PAME

Dominique Sery

Porter McRoberts

Bob. If you take it apart and clean and re silicone the seals then recaulk I think you’ll be back in business. The caulking especially as it gets dry and brittle need a refresh I found. Otherwise our friends in Rochelle happily will supply you with new parts.

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152

On Apr 9, 2021, at 7:16 PM, Bob Grey via groups.io <renaissanceiii@...> wrote:

Gentlemen, My Amel 55 has a leaking forward deck hatch, it seems to be the southco latch, Does anyone know where to buy seals for these latches? Couldn’t find any parts on the southco website.

Bob Grey
Renaissance III
Amel 55 #25

Bob Grey