Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:03 PM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
Thomas!
I made a video on how we fixed our toilet who drained VERY slowly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b62ZtpxCPnE&t=5s&ab_channel=Paul%C3%96sterberg
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos, Portugal sykerpa.com

Thomas Kleman

Many thanks for the replies and ideas. It ended up being two problems. First, the sanitary hoses and copper inlet tube were blocked. I have a number of tools to quickly deal with that so that's why the slowness of drainage while flushing was perplexing, even after changing everything in the system. The other culprit was my hot wire to the motor having enough corrosion under the "waterproof" connector to reduce performance. Now when you push that red button......stand back three feet...... it's like a jet's engine intake.

Thomas Kleman
SV L'ORIENT
Manaa, Tahiti

Paul Osterberg

Thomas!
I made a video on how we fixed our toilet who drained VERY slowly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b62ZtpxCPnE&t=5s&ab_channel=Paul%C3%96sterberg
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos, Portugal sykerpa.com

Dave Ritten

Hi Thomas

Any chance you changed the polarity of the wiring when you swapped the macerator? I have had a (non-Amel) experience where this happened and the macerator did work but very inefficiently.

Dave Ritten

Prospective Owner

--
Dave Ritten
Auckland

Thomas,

A few more ideas:

Maybe the vent is blocked at the deck cap. You can eliminate this possibility by opening the cap to see if there is any difference.

And, did you check the voltage at the pump?

Of course, it could be a not-so-good or a bad pump.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 7:47 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Tom,

A couple of after thoughts:

Is the chopper plate and the centrifugal impeller securely fastened to the motor shaft and not worn? And, is the macerator housing oriented correctly? There is also a seal housing in that same area. If the lip seal or o-ring is worn, the pump will suck air into the system rather than move black water.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us