GALLEY FAUCET REPLACEMENT OLDER MARAMU

Dom Cigale

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 07:51 AM, Gregory Shea wrote:
Hello Greg
From memory, I have not modified the original installation. Adapters were sufficient. I just had to force a little to connect to the spout of the faucet. I hope you will achieve the same result as me.

Gregory Shea

Hello,
This goes back to a 2019 post, see below and I’m hoping that sharki.cigale is still on the forum.
I bought the faucet referenced below at Leroy Merlin and have been anxiously waiting an opportunity to instal it.
It seemed quite easy but I have run into a problem. The threads on the new Mitigeur are longer than the threads on the old one so that the discharge from the new one does not align with the vertical pipe that delivers the mixed water into the sink.
When you did your installation did you also change the hot and cold inbound plumbing coming through the plywood trim?
I bought the other adapters you mentioned and I’m wondering if they will correct the problem, although they don't seem compatible with the plumbing behind the trim?

Gregory Shea
Cap des Iles, Sharki 133
Kilada