AC pump form Super Maramu

Eric Freedman

Our Clapeda AC pump finally bit the dust. Some time ago it was suggested that the March AC-5C-MD 230 volt was a good substitute.

I do have that one on board. However, it has open windings, it has a lower output than the Calpeda and is not as robust.

I will install it temporarily.

Are there any other substitutes that are a little friendlier to salt water and are a better pump than the March.

I did find a Calpeda model BCM22/1/A-R. It will work but it is really overkill for this system.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know if Amel still stocks the original AMFA bilge pump? I am now working on my rebuilt spare, and I would like to have a spare or some other good bilge pump.

The AMFA pump is excellent pump and I even have found pieces of cable ties in it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite

Jose Alegria

Eric
About bilge pump Amel dont have anymore.
you can find a new one at:

--
TF MARINE SRL
Lucca – Italy

Good winds

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

No dia 11/07/2021, às 08:00, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> escreveu:

[...]

Eric,

I like this one:
Gianneschi 01CB22G302
95MM Impeller - 1841 GPH
1” In & Out
230VAC 50/60htz
image.png

The original A.M.F.A MARINA pump has been duplicated by TF Pumps/Gianneschi
image.png

Gianneschi  Pumps merged with TF Pumps. Both brands are available from their Florida Distributor

I negotiated a 15% discount from the distributor. Use my name with:

Contact:

Scott Blume <service@...>

266 SW 31st Street

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315

+1-954-525-5151

www.inghamengineering.com

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 12:34 AM Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Recently replaced the Calapeda with the Iwaki MD70RT-220 50/60 Hz, magnetic drive pump, 1” ID hose inlet x 1” NPT M outlet.  It has an internal cooling circuit that keeps the motor cool and provides plenty of flow to the A/C units.  I re-drilled two holes in the original base plate and replaced the rubber vibration isolaters.  It has a slightly smaller foot print, draws less power, and no electrolysis problems.  This pump is also used by other marine A/C suppliers.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Eric Freedman

Thank you, Jose,

What model was the pump that you ordered?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

[...]

Ceriolim

Hi Eric.
The manifacturer of the origial pomp is TF Marine  www.tfmarine.it  .  They produce the original pomp and they have spare parts for it.
Regards

Jose Alegria

Eric

Model TM50

See bellow

Kindest regards

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

No dia 12/07/2021, às 12:16, Ceriolim via groups.io <ceriolim@...> escreveu:

Hi Eric.
The manifacturer of the origial pomp is TF Marine  www.tfmarine.it  .  They produce the original pomp and they have spare parts for it.
Regards

Mark Erdos

Hi Eric,

I think I was one of the first to post about the March pumps. They were recommended to me by Coastal Climate Control (the US dealer for Calpeda and Climma) when we sailed the Chesapeake Bay in 2015 as a lower cost alternative to Calpeda pumps. And, I agree they are not as robust.

My March pump is now 6 years old and has no issues (the first pump shipped was defective and failed within 3 months. They replaced it). There is some corrosion on the non-stainless steel housing screws. I hit them with some Corrosion-X once in a while. Otherwise I am happy.

I also like the fact the March pumps have no metal in contact with saltwater. I have always questioned Amel’s use of the Calpeda pumps which is both grounded and connected to the ship’s bonding system. I viewed this as weak point but will readily admit I don’t know enough about it to comment further.

BTW, doesn’t the Calpeda pump also have open windings? It has been a long time but if I recalled correctly the end is open where you have to turn the screw if it gets stuck.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

[...]

Ian Townsend

For what it’s worth, our March pump is going on four years, powering 3x10K BTU AC units in series.

Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On Jul 11, 2021, at 1:00 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

[...]

Craig Briggs

And our March pump on the refrigeration just failed at 21 years and on the A/C is at 18 years. (Both units are Northern Lights Technicold.)
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL