Sliding ring seal of Calpeda pump

Although I have not disassembled one, I am 99% sure that Gianneschi uses a 12mm mechanical seal which is the same seal that Calpeda uses. BTW, the Dessalator Low-Pressure Feed Pump for the D160, or higher, and both the 66b or 88b Reya freshwater pumps have a 12mm mechanical seal. If you have spare seals for any of these, you have a seal that will fit.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 4:47 AM Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bill,

after scratching off the paint which  covered the plastic box of the pump electric connections I figured out that it is labelled Gianneschi s.r.l., type CB 20 ME.
I think it is more or less identic to the Calpeda pump.

Best regards

Martin
Mago del Sur - 54#40
currently Fuengirola, Spain

Martin Birkhoff

Thanks, Bill,

after scratching off the paint which  covered the plastic box of the pump electric connections I figured out that it is labelled Gianneschi s.r.l., type CB 20 ME.
I think it is more or less identic to the Calpeda pump.

Best regards

Martin
Mago del Sur - 54#40
currently Fuengirola, Spain

Martin,

If you are referring to the 12mm seal pictured below, yes, it is fairly standard. I bought several at a sidewalk shop in Penang, Malaysia. Just make sure it is made of stainless steel. Failure to replace the seal will ruin the motor as saltwater will enter the electric components.
image.png
Below is a Calpeda Pump motor ruined by saltwater because of a failed mechanical seal:
image.png

If you are referring to the "Sling Washer," its purpose is to try to mitigate saltwater from a leaking mechanical seal from getting into the pump motor and ruining it. The sling washer will mitigate some of the saltwater, but not all of it.

image.png

It is possible that you will not see or understand some of the tell-tale indications of a leaking mechanical seal because of what the sling washer does. It will throw the salwater away from the pump shaft. In the photo below, you will see a line of rust on the stainless steel freshwater accumulator tank. This line of rust got there because of the sling washer.
image.png

Lastly, here are the instructions for replacing the mechanical seal:

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 3:51 AM Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians,
the sliding ring seal of our Calpeda pump (aircon) is leaking badly. The original spare part number is 035750.
Does anyone know if this sliding ring seal is a standard industrial seal?

If so, any idea where to get one?

Thanks