Refrigeration guy in Volos Greece

Nick Newington

Hi Arno,
You may be right but a couple of years ago the chest galley fridge had a  refrigerant leak and it turned out to just need a joint soldering right by the compressor.
So fingers crossed.
Nick
Amelia
AML54-019

On 2 Aug 2021, at 21:03, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Hi,

I don't want to kill off your optimism but the leak may be a bit less easy to fix. In my case the leak was in the heat-exchanger on the compressor. What happened is the sea-water corroded trough the tube-wall that separates the water from the cooling-gas allowing the gas to escape via the seawater-route.
In my case the solution was to replace the compressor as the heat-exchanger is not supplied alone.
While at it make sure the compressor/heat-exchanger is well connected to the earth bonding system as this protects the system from corroding even faster.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Arno Luijten

Hi,

I don't want to kill off your optimism but the leak may be a bit less easy to fix. In my case the leak was in the heat-exchanger on the compressor. What happened is the sea-water corroded trough the tube-wall that separates the water from the cooling-gas allowing the gas to escape via the seawater-route.
In my case the solution was to replace the compressor as the heat-exchanger is not supplied alone.
While at it make sure the compressor/heat-exchanger is well connected to the earth bonding system as this protects the system from corroding even faster.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Nick Newington

Thanks Vladan. When we go round tjj oh Scopelos town I will ask him.
Nick

On 2 Aug 2021, at 13:03, Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nick,

Find Nikos from boat No Stress. He's running day charter boat moored in
front of Baramares Caffe. If he's not currently there he will be later in
the afternoon.

He will be able to give you contact in Volos. I it will be difficult to find
someone on Skopelos to fix fridge.

Give Nikos my regards.

Best Regards,

Vladan