From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eloi Bamberg
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 7:08 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Holding Tank

Hello,
Till now, I never had to open my black water holding tanks. Today I tried to remove the black plastic caps on deck by turning and lifting with no success. I didn't force to much to avoid braking them. What is the correct way to open them?
Eloi
SM2K RedLion

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Eloi,

It is a friction fit. A claw hammer works well. Little by little moving around.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 03 August 2021 at 05:07 Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:

Hello,
Till now, I never had to open my black water holding tanks. Today I tried to remove the black plastic caps on deck by turning and lifting with no success. I didn't force to much to avoid braking them. What is the correct way to open them?
Eloi
SM2K RedLion

Andrew & Kate Lamb

The large screwdriver approach also has worked for us in the past.

Andrew
SM 472
Ronpische

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

or you give the lid to the hammer
take a piece of wood below and then carefully
to loose him and then how Jeff explane

Best Elja
SM Balu 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Jeff Williams

I just did this a few weeks ago.  They are friction set into the holes.  I used a screwdriver and gently worked my way around.  They will come up eventually.
Jeff
SM #379 Spruzzo

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 8:07 PM Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:
Hello,
Till now, I never had to open my black water holding tanks. Today I tried to remove the black plastic caps on deck by turning and lifting with no success. I didn't force to much to avoid braking them. What is the correct way to open them?
Eloi
SM2K RedLion

Eloi Bamberg