Main Sail Foil

karkauai

Thanks Eloi, always nice to have a starting place.
Kent

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

Eloi Bamberg

Hey,
I don't know if it fits the jib furler.
I didn't write down the measurements but I try to remember:
diameter: 31 mm
the top grove is 15 x 17 mm (the sharp edges have to be rounded)
on the bottom you have to flatten by about 3 mm
diameter of the hole : 8 mm
length: 50 mm, 20 mm from bottom to hole and 30 mm above

When the hole in the furling tube is already ovalised, it has "thickened" up towards the inner side of the tube. You have to flaten that with a file or a dremel.

regards,
Eloi

karkauai

Thank you Eloi.  Do you have measurements for this piece?

Do you know if it fits in the jib furler as well?

I am having trouble with the rivets holding the jib furler to the foil on the forestay.  They are pulling out.  I am considering the fix earlier described on this site, but will entertain any other ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy
Currently cruising Maine

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

Eloi Bamberg

While our Masts where down during the process off renewing the standing Rigg, i found that the hole off the foil (tube where the mainsail is rolled on) that connects to the connection hub of the gearbox was already a little bit ovalized. I decided to have an aluminium piece machined that fits exactly in the the foil to have a better repartition of the force during foiling the mainsail. It is a rather simple piece that every machine shop should be able to do. Here some photos.

regards,
Eloi
SM2K 426 RedLion