Seawater intake

Here is a snippet of a page from my Amel Book:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:03 PM Bryce Procter via groups.io <Balibryce=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I need to clean out the seawater intake on my SM2000 preferably without a bailout. Any suggestions on how to plug the inlet in the hull or what diameter the hole is. I'm assuming that with the amount of barnacles etc we get here in the tropics it's not going to be a nice smooth round surface for a wooden bung.
I have used gallons of vinegar and baking soda above the valve but the problem appears to be between the valve and the inlet.

Cheers
Bryce
SM 2000 #467
Seamaster ll

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hole is 1 1/4 inch.  A broom handle works but a length of 1/19 wire which is peeled back will get rid of most barnacles

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, New Zealand

On 3 Aug 2021, at 12:03, Bryce Procter via groups.io <Balibryce@...> wrote:

I need to clean out the seawater intake on my SM2000 preferably without a bailout. Any suggestions on how to plug the inlet in the hull or what diameter the hole is. I'm assuming that with the amount of barnacles etc we get here in the tropics it's not going to be a nice smooth round surface for a wooden bung.
I have used gallons of vinegar and baking soda above the valve but the problem appears to be between the valve and the inlet.

Cheers
Bryce
SM 2000 #467
Seamaster ll