Stainless front opening fridge

Mark & Debbie Mueller

If you are a bit of a contortionist you can get to the compressor and board by just sliding the the box forward.  If possible have a filter/drier installed if you open the refrigerant lines, Frigoboat does not normally install this part.  The filter/drier is important to have with the cap tube style systems installed by Frigoboat.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Rick Stanley

I just installed a new Frigoboat stainless refrigerator on my SM2K. No real issues. After disassembling the washer/dryer cabinet and getting that out of the way, I slid out the old fridge and disassembled the under-fridge compressor box, took the mounting brackets off the old compressor, drilled some new holes, and re-constructed the box to hold the new compressor. Once I got that sorted, I mounted the box & new compressor to the bottom of the new fridge, made the connections, and slid the refrigerator back into place. I had to cut a small notch into the bottom edge of the countertop to account for the door hinge, and installed a small wire anchor from the side of the fridge to an eye bolt I placed under the sink to firmly secure it in place. The only issue I ran into was that I hadn't fully cranked down on the refrigerant connections and hadn't broken the seals inside the lines. Couple of pics to a tech and that was easily sorted. You REALLY have to crank on those connections. Overall the project took about 2 days, and since I installed it last week it's been working perfectly.

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea, SM2K #317
Rock Hall, Md

Nick Newington

The forum does it again.
Thanks.

I am tied up in Volos and the refrigeration engineer is coming tomorrow at 9 am.

Nick
Amelia
AML 54-019
Volos Gr

On 9 Aug 2021, at 14:14, Roque <ediroque@...> wrote:

Hi Nick.

No need to unscrew the refrigerant lines, at least not on A54 #117. Disconnect the electric wires from the control box and disconnect the water hoses (after shutting down the water line in the Engine room). You can join the "in" and "out" tips of the hoses with a 1/2 connection. This way you can keep using the other fridge and freezer.

Roque
Attika A54 117
Paraty - Brazil

Roque

Hi Nick.

No need to unscrew the refrigerant lines, at least not on A54 #117. Disconnect the electric wires from the control box and disconnect the water hoses (after shutting down the water line in the Engine room). You can join the "in" and "out" tips of the hoses with a 1/2 connection. This way you can keep using the other fridge and freezer.

Roque
Attika A54 117
Paraty - Brazil

Joshua Valkenier

Hi Nick,

In my 54 #29 I just removed the fridge to change the thermostat. I had to remove the door to get it out, but after disconnecting the power and cooling water tubes it comes out in one piece.

Best regards,

Joshua

mr_hermanns

Edited

if my memory serves me right it’s just like the SM2K just shifted to port (next to sink, other side).

If you haven’t seen this: https://nikimat.com/fridge_removal.html

We removed ours on my previous SM - there is a support on the bottom you need to remove (2 screws). And have used Nikimat guide to clean our current Frigoboat that needs replacing soon!
--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVStarfish.com

Nick Newington

I plan to sail to the city of Volos in Greece tomorrow and try to repair my front opening fridge.
I had a dress rehearsal today to have a go at accessing the compressor, but we are 7 aboard so it went only so far.
I unscrewed the securing handles having removed the wooden board, and floor board and the whole thing slides out, but only so far. I am of the view that the next step is to unscrew the refrigerant lines at the valves, unplug the drain hose and it should lift up and out.
Giving good access to the compressor below.
Does anyone else have an opinion?
Is it necessary to detach the refrigerant lines?
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML 54-019
Gulf of Volos Gr