Where to buy Corrosion X

Joerg Esdorn

It looks like a lot of participants in this site use Corrosion X extensively.  The problem for me is:  where do you buy it when your boat is in Europe?  I can‘t buy it in the US and take it with me on the airplane, right?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

If you buy the pump bottle, you can take it in checked luggage. The aerosol can is not allowed.
image.png
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:06 AM Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It looks like a lot of participants in this site use Corrosion X extensively.  The problem for me is:  where do you buy it when your boat is in Europe?  I can‘t buy it in the US and take it with me on the airplane, right?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

Paul Osterberg

We bought it on line do nit remember if it was on Amazon, but Google will find you on line suppliers for various European deliveries
Paul on sykerpa SM 259

rossirossix4

Hi Joerg,
When we were in Europe we had good luck with distributors who list on eBay.de  .  We also bought CorrosionX HD (green) for some applications (think outboards).  It is thicker and stays in place longer but we used the original (red) CorrosionX as well (think electrical).  This link should work for you.  https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=corrosion-x&_sacat=0

BTW I also recall that the spray pump/non-aerosol version is non-flamable and OK for packing in checked luggage.

Cheers, Bob and Suzanne  KAIMI SM429

"Corrosion-X--THE Official Lube of the Texas Navy"

Dean Gillies

Joerg,
FWIW I ordered some from here

Laurens Vos

Edited

I bought it here :

http://www.corrosioncontrol.ch/shop/

info@...

This company does quick delivery

Corrosion X
it’s super stuff 🤗

regards
Laurens
A54 - 92
La Rochelle

Marc

hello

I bought it from here ((Eurozone):

https://www.corrosionx-online.de/en

Fast, easy and friendly.

rgds

sm120
kitos

Joerg Esdorn

Many thanks everyone!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

James

I had a can in my checked in luggage leaving Grenada after delivering a boat from Europe.. got it confiscated. so annoyed!

Drew Gaffney

I've carried it in checked baggage many times over the years without problems in original container.
Drew
S/V Revelation SM390
Lying Carloforte, Sardinia

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 5:06 PM Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It looks like a lot of participants in this site use Corrosion X extensively.  The problem for me is:  where do you buy it when your boat is in Europe?  I can‘t buy it in the US and take it with me on the airplane, right?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

Normally airlines allow the pump bottle, but1, the aerosol can is not allowed.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 6:55 PM Drew Gaffney <drew.gaffney@...> wrote:
I've carried it in checked baggage many times over the years without problems in original container.
Drew
S/V Revelation SM390
Lying Carloforte, Sardinia

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 5:06 PM Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It looks like a lot of participants in this site use Corrosion X extensively.  The problem for me is:  where do you buy it when your boat is in Europe?  I can‘t buy it in the US and take it with me on the airplane, right?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

Denis Foster

Hello Bill,

Do you know the respective applications between Classic Corrosion X shown on picture and Corrosion X HD and Corrosion  aviation ?

Is it safe on seals ?

Thanks

Denis

Denis, I do not know the difference for sure. I think it is "marketing." The original (classic) CorrosionX was originally developed to control corrosion for the airplane industry and found wide use because of its success. I remember when there was only one product offered by the company. Now the company has many different branded products.

I have accidentally placed CorrosionX on Nitrile seals with no apparent adverse issue. CorrosionX states the following on their website: "Corrosion-X does not affect rubber, neoprene, monofilament, plastics, and plexiglass. All other kerosene-based products will attack and destroy rubber mounts, neoprene seals, fishing lines, and door seals. (If you do not use Corrosion-X, please do not use the cheap alternative near your rubber bushings or neoprene)."

I recommend that all seals are treated with silicone grease and have found the best product available today for use on Amels is Dow Corning 111 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant, also known as Molykote.

Here is a list of everything I recommend for your Amel. You will find that the vast majority of Amel owners use most of these products.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 5:36 AM Denis Foster <deniswfoster@...> wrote:
Hello Bill,

Do you know the respective applications between Classic Corrosion X shown on picture and Corrosion X HD and Corrosion  aviation ?

Is it safe on seals ?

Thanks

Denis

Jérémy

Hi,

I recently ordered a bottle of Corrosion X from https://www.corrosionx-online.de
They mistakenly sent me a bottle of HD version.
They apologized and wrote to me :
CorrosionX HD is the version with higher viscosity. Basically it`s the same liquid. Therefore depends on what you will do with CorrosionX. If you have seawater, for instance, you can have longer periods with corrosion protection
And they also sent me an other bottle of "normal" Corrosion X.

Just like Mike Augier said previously about this online shop : Fast, easy and friendly.

--
Jérémy
SM #121 Nausicaä