Wiper at the bottom of the companionway slider.

karkauai

Hi Eric,
The product is a belt weather stripping for auto side windows.  I bought mine from JC Whitney ( now carparts.com), but I can't find it on their website.  Mike (Aletes) bought a similar belt weatherstrip at Rock Auto that looks just like what I used.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fairchild,13714X2,belt+weatherstrip+/+window+scraper+seal,12406
All that's required is cutting to length (mine has a steel backing) and drilling screw holes, then sealing as it's screwed in place.  What I received was enough to do the job twice.  That was 5+years ago and it's still fine.

I have varnished the companionway door, and haven't had any black rubber come off on the door since.  I think Bill K is using a non-silicone wax on his door?

There are other belt weather stripping s that would work, too.
--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

Eric

I kept a copy. It was from Mike Ondra SM 240:

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 4:42 AM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Many years ago I bought the Renault rubber gasket that sits at the bottom of the companionway vertical door  to keep water out. About 8 years ago I replaced it. I am aware that it is no longer available. It is now time to replace it with something. I recall

years ago it might have been Kent, Gary, or someone else that was a licensed airplane mechanic amongst other things. He produced a very good solution using a special grade rubber like material with an interesting way to affix it.

Does anyone remember the post or have another solution.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

william reynolds

Alban of Amel in Marin stocks the original companionway wiper stock.
Bill
Cloudstreet

Eric Freedman