Need to align C-Drive to Engine - Santorin currently North side of Sicily

I forwarded this to Sabine Stein

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 11:58 PM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Yes! I had this done in palermo 3 years ago after a hack job mech in mallorca failed to do it right and trashed my vetus coupling rubbers in a few hundred miles. Limped in, found Gabriele Galizzi, at nautica Galizzi, in palermo old port. He had never done one before but I showed him the specs to make the alignment tool (you need this tool without question), he whipped it up in an hour, and did the job fast and well. 3 years on, many hundreds of miles motored, perfect. Great young guy (son of owner). Can't say enough about gabri. One of the few good guys out there. If you go to him, stay next door at sitimar. Also a great young guy, cheapest, friendliest, knows gabri, no worries.

Davi Rozgonyi

Edited

Yes! I had this done in palermo 3 years ago after a hack job mech in mallorca failed to do it right and trashed my vetus coupling rubbers in a few hundred miles. Limped in, found Gabriele Galizzi, at nautica Galizzi, in palermo old port. He had never done one before but I showed him the specs to make the alignment tool (you need this tool without question), he whipped it up in an hour, and did the job fast and well. 3 years on, many hundreds of miles motored, perfect. Great young guy (son of owner). Can't say enough about gabri. One of the few good guys out there. If you go to him, stay next door at sitimar. Also a great young guy, cheapest, friendliest, knows gabri, no worries.

Marco Baldan

Dear Sabine and Amel Group,

In Italy a reference for Amel Yachts and also other sailboats is Davide Zerbinati (info@...).
He is based in the north of Italy but has a good knowledge of available resources in the country. Unless a better option through the Amel Group, I would contact him for advice.

Fair winds,
Marco Baldan (not yet an Amel owner but looking for a Maramu)

On 25 Sep 2021, at 17:30, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Sabine Stein <s.stein64@...> asks, "Is there anybody in Italy who knows a mechanic who did exactly that to the boat already
or if in Italee anybody can recommend a mechanic who has worked on an Amel before"

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Sabine Stein <s.stein64@...> asks, "Is there anybody in Italy who knows a mechanic who did exactly that to the boat already
or if in Italee anybody can recommend a mechanic who has worked on an Amel before"

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Herbert, Sabine is not a member of this group. I sent her your message.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 3:15 PM Herbert Lackner <herbert@...> wrote:
Sabine,  you can send me a message at Herbert-at-lackner.at,  can give you a call to share my experience with Santorin engine  alignment

SN120 KALI MERA, still mazatlan, heading for sea of cortez next week

Herbert Lackner

Sabine,  you can send me a message at Herbert-at-lackner.at,  can give you a call to share my experience with Santorin engine  alignment

SN120 KALI MERA, still mazatlan, heading for sea of cortez next week

Is there any suggestion for an alignment for a Santorin on the Northern side of Sicily? Too much vibration to motor very far. Sabine Stein <s.stein64@...> is asking for help.

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St