From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Clive Chapman
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 4:58 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Something for Electrical Engineers, Experts, and Wannabes like me

I haven’t had the chance to watch the video yet, but as an electronics engineer as training, if you want to blow your birdy brains try understanding the propagation of RF along a coax cable…then try how an aerial works…and for Einstein level, try RF down a waveguide as used on most radars. Nearly forty years on I’m still struggling with the concept that energy would rather travel down the air in the middle of a bit of waveguide than the solid bit of conductor that surrounds it!

Regards

Clive

Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...>

If you really want to be confused, explain how microwave signals move down waveguide (like in your radar) and why are the dimensions of the waveguide critical for different frequencies . Like s band k band etc.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376