Cracked Fitting on Main Boom

Mark McGovern

Edited

Adam,

If Amel doesn't have them fellow SM owner Paul Stascavage from Rita Kathryn had the same issue and had some replacements machined.  He had some extras made and as of July 2020 still had some available.  See this post:  https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/message/53463

You can ask him If he still has some for sale by replying privately in that thread.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila <ann-sofie@...>

Hi Adam
If you are on Facebook, here is a URL to my post on the matter

Regards
Ann-Sofie Svanberg

Skickat från min iPhone

27/11/2021 kl. 09:41 skrev Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...>:

Hi Adam,

If you search the forum you will find lots of posts about these things...
They are (were) available from Amel in La Rochelle - sav at amel dot fr
They can be quite difficult to remove as the stainless bolts and the alloy block weld themselves together over the years.
We took this fitting out and had an alloy plate welded to the boom...a la Amel 54, to avoid this issue in the future.

Good luck
Alan
Elyse SM437

Alan Leslie

Hi Adam,

If you search the forum you will find lots of posts about these things...
They are (were) available from Amel in La Rochelle - sav at amel dot fr
They can be quite difficult to remove as the stainless bolts and the alloy block weld themselves together over the years.
We took this fitting out and had an alloy plate welded to the boom...a la Amel 54, to avoid this issue in the future.

Good luck
Alan
Elyse SM437

Adam Carpenter

Hello,

I found the aluminium main sheet attachment on the boom is cracked on the aft end.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Alternatively has anyone successfully repaired this fitting, it appears to be anodized aluminium.

Much appreciated.

Adam
Lady Annabelle #339
Australia