Onan MDKAL Generator starts but shuts off #YouTube_Live_Stream

Bill Kinney

Kevin,

When the generator is forced into running, does it produce power?  If YES then flashing the field is not likely to help--the problem is elsewhere.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA, USA

Mark Erdos

Hi Kevin,

Glad to see you are back in Panama.

It sounds like a fuel flow issue. If you bypassed the fuel shutoff solenoid and it works, have you tried replacing it. Dumb question but worth asking. Is the fuel pump good? I believe it is an electric pump – easy to check. Is the stop solenoid working correctly?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

Our generator has been sleeping for a year and a half; we can start the generator but as soon as we release the start switch it does not stay running; we bypassed fuel shut off solenoid and generator will mechanically run; we have changed the oil, replaced exhaust temp switch, coolant temp switch, confirmed all K relays work except K4.  Wondering if we should flash the field and what method we should use.  Thank you, Kevin
Super Maramu, Anahita #276, Shelter Bay Marina, Panama

Kevin Cole