A54 Tumble-drier

Bertrand Quénot

Hi everyone,
Did someone recently replace his tumble-drier on his A54.
Mine is dying with less and less heat. It is an Eudor 302 and not surprisingly this model doesn't exist any more.
Knowing which models could fit in the available space would help.
Thanks
Bertrand
SV ANTINEA A54 #43 in Quepos Costa Rica

Arno Luijten

Hi Bertrand,

I hope you and your wife are doing well!
Later Amels had the Minea drier supplied. This is a (French) private label version of the UK-made White Knight C37AW. You can still buy spare parts for that thing. The model was superseded by the C39AS that had a reversing drum. You may be able to find one of those as old stock , typically in the UK.  Be aware that Amel did some brutal work to it by redirecting the outlet through the bottom and literately cutting off the bottom-rear-right corner of the casing to make it fit.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Arno Luijten

Edited

Having looked a bit further it seems the Eudora is same as the Minea and the White Knight. My advice is to order spare parts and repair the thing as putting in another dryer may not be a funny exercise.

The heating element you can find here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184845608284?hash=item2b09a8255c:g:0ncAAOSwa3lgpORj
It is used but apparently White Knight does not manufacture them anymore

Found this as well, new and same size:
https://www.klarstein.fr/Electromenager/Lave-linge-et-seche-linge/Jet-Set-Seche-linge-Sechage-par-extraction-d-air-compact-3kg-1020W-Classe-C-Blanc-Blanc.html
But I don't know if you can cut off corners without making the thing very unhappy...

Cheers,

Arno

Bertrand Quénot

HI Arno,

Thanks for your information and advice. I share it. Better repairing the existing tumble drier than trying to squeeze a different model into this tight space.

Will order spare parts and see how it goes.

Hope your boat is back and safe now.

Regards

Bertrand

Having looked a bit further it seems the Eudora is same as the Minea and the White Knight. My advice is to order spare parts and repair the thing as putting in another dryer may not be a funny exercise.

The heating element you can find here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184845608284?hash=item2b09a8255c:g:0ncAAOSwa3lgpORj
It is used but apparently White Knight does not manufacture them anymore

Found this as well, new and same size:
https://www.klarstein.fr/Electromenager/Lave-linge-et-seche-linge/Jet-Set-Seche-linge-Sechage-par-extraction-d-air-compact-3kg-1020W-Classe-C-Blanc-Blanc.html
But I don't know if you can cut off corners without making the thing very unhappy...

Cheers,

Arno

robin hutter

Martin Birkhoff

Hi Robin,

did you mount the machine in the space of the former dryer?
How did you manage the process of pushing the LG to its place? It seems to be extremely challanging to me.

Best regards

Martin
Mago del Sur - 54#40

WASABI - Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Martin

No, according to Robins picture he installed on the original place where the Bosch, was above the toilet bowl. But still then it is very challenging to put in there. Especially to bring it down through the forward door. I think he had to final assemble the fixing bolts after moved it the forward head. Isn’t it Robin.

Best regards

Ruedi

WASABI – A54#55,

Wintering in Almerimar