From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Patrick McAneny via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2021 4:20 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] 220v breakers

Thanks all, I know the breakers are very expensive,I don’t think I will be in one place long enough to get them from Maud. I was thinking about buying another brand of 25A breaker and wire it into the panel for now. I may substitute the heater breaker,however I think it may be weak as well.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans
St. Augustine
On Dec 5, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Paul Stascavage via groups.io <pstas2003@...> wrote:

Pat,

A couple years ago I put in a quote request to Diruptor for a fair quantity of single pole (DC) breakers to have as spares for ourselves and another Amelian. I thought the prices high and there was a 4 week wait. We ended up not placing the order.

A few weeks ago I needed a replacement and asked Amel for a quote for about half the quantity of my Diruptor request.

The quote from Amel came back at about the same price as we had received from Diruptor a couple years back and they had them in stock.

I suggest you reach out to Maud.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn SM #466

RitaKathryn.com

Currently Exploring Brunswick GA

Patrick McAneny

[...]

Bill Kinney

Pat,

I have had three of these breakers go "bad" and start to trip will below their rated capacity, so it is certainly possible.  Assuming there is no issue with the battery charger, it would be my next guess.

No other breakers I have ever seen fit the two hole panel cutout for the diruptor breakers.

Amel would be my first go to for help here, but if they can not help, the dirupter breakers are distributed into the marine market by Plastimo, and can be special ordered through Bainbridge in the USA. Bainbridge is wholesale only, so you'll need to work through one of their retailers, like West Marine.  This works for some, but not probably all models of the breakers.

Be prepared to be shocked at the price.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA, USA

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Hallo
Iff it is for the panel try diruptor.com ore    VLevayer@...

Cheers Heinz
Sv quetzal. Sm 2000, 292

Am 04.12.2021 um 20:44 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

They are French-made and not widely distributed worldwide.

Did you try SAV@...

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021, 11:51 Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
My 25A breaker to my battery charger has popped a few times, I assume that means my breaker is getting weak. If there is another explanation, I would like to hear it. These breakers don’t seem to be available, Iwas wondering if there was another similar breaker available.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans
St. Augustine,Fla.

--
Hello
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed.