Screwdriver bits and nuts

JB Duler

Hello all,

Most of the nuts used outside are of a type U (also called PIG NOSE - SNAKE EYE TWIN PIN - TWIN HOLE - TWO HOLE - TWO PIN -2PIN - 2 HOLE)
I found some, unfortunately wrong sizes. I bought U4-U8 but it looks like I need something bigger like U9-U12
I found a source on ebay UK:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/No-12-TH7-2-PIN-SECURITY-BIT-TO-SUIT-2-HOLE-SECURITY-SCREWS-PIG-NOSE-SNAKE-EYE-/302856073354

Does that ring a bell to any of you. I looked everywhere, found some in France through Amazon but too small.
I also need the nuts (because I dropped the ones I managed to remove...).

I have some screenshots.

Idealy I would like to find a US supplier for the bits. I assume the nuts are metric.

Thanks!

John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco
Meltem # 19, Western Med

Justin Paulsen

Hello,

I had to get one of these for working on something else, I ended up getting this from Amazon in the US:  https://www.amazon.com/Megapro-151TP-Tamperproof-Driver-Black/dp/B004VJY1B0

It's a multi-bit screwdriver with many of the common security bits.  I think that is what you are looking for, however check out the bits it comes with and make sure.

The quality is pretty good and it worked for my use.  It was about $32 when I bought it and it seems like it still is around that price.

- Justin
Hopeful future AMEL owner.

--
Justin Paulsen
IT Professional

"The world is open, are you?"

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi guys,

Another option is to modify a flat head bit with an angle grinder or something up to the task. Kind of primitive, but it works. Take proper precautions of course - vice, safety glasses, etc.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022, 3:53 PM Justin Paulsen <petaris@...> wrote:
[...]

Gerhard Mueller

Are you talking about these nuts found at Amel boats?

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Richard Dallett

Is there a tool for removing these, or do you use the tool with round pins instead of double flatheads?
Richard Dallett
Mamba A54 68