Alternative rigger recommendation in Europe

Neil Meyrick

Hi we recently took over Revelation from Drew & Lili Gaffney. One of the things Drew was trying to do before selling the boat was to replace the standing rigging. He bought a full set of replacement rigging from ACMO which we now have, and was trying to schedule Nicky Sammut to come out and fit it but due to various factors was never able to schedule this.

We've heard that Nicky is the top man for this, but have been struggling to get hold of him and get some dates from him when he could visit the boat. I'm still trying to agree some dates with him, but feel like the time has come to start looking at alternatives.

The boat is currently in Carloforte in Sardinia, and the feedback I've had from rigging work done by the local yards was not positive. My insurance is currently excluding any rig damage, and when Olivier checked it over on the survey he said overall it looked ok, but he couldn't verify the condition of the forestay and would not recommend sailing other than in very light conditions until it is changed. I'm not happy about sailing a new-to-me boat for the first time with a question mark hanging over the rig.

Which leaves me thinking that I probably need to find someone who would be able to fly in and do the work where the boat is, ideally in the next few weeks so that it is done before easter.

Any recommendations for an alternative who could do this would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Neil

Slavko Despotovic

I had the same issue. It is very difficult to get in touch with him. My plan is to sail to Malta. As I was talking to him, this is the most preferred solution for him.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Croatia

Gerhard Mueller

I got 2 years ago a new standing rigging from the sailmaker in Kalamata Grece and was very satisfied by the work, price and reliability.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi Gerhard,

please are so kind to name the rigger in Kalamata, Kalamata Marina I presume. Are you satisfied with Kalamata (Marina), do you recommend this location, e.g. for wintering?

THX and fair winds.
Ulrich
S/YSoleil Bleu / A54#088
(currently Leros GR)
Am 01.02.2022 um 14:45 schrieb Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode@...>:

I got 2 years ago a new standing rigging from the sailmaker in Kalamata Grece and was very satisfied by the work, price and reliability.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Gerhard Mueller

Hi Ulrich
His name is Mike Litsas email is mixalislitsas@... and phone is +30 693 2378737.
Marina Kalamata is a nice place for wintering. We have been there for 4 years.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

THX Gerhard.
Best
Ulrich.
+++

Am 01.02.2022 um 18:42 schrieb Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode@...>:

Hi Ulrich
His name is Mike Litsas email is mixalislitsas@... and phone is +30 693 2378737.
Marina Kalamata is a nice place for wintering. We have been there for 4 years.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Dean Gillies

Mike Litsas at Kalamata did some general rigging and canvas work for me in 2018. Nice guy, good skills, easy to work with and happy to follow the "Amel way". I would definitely work with Mike again.

I stayed in Kalamata marina for a couple of months in summer 2018. I liked Kalamata. It's a real town (not just a tourist resort) with friendly locals and I'm sure it's still active in winter time.

Dean
SY STELLA
A54-154

Sent from my iPhone X