DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE EMAILS i POST TO THE GROUP DO NOT SHOW UP?

Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...>

I SEE THE ANSWERS BUT NOT MY ORIGINAL POST.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Gerhard Mueller

Some more informations may help perhaps: Which browser you are using? Which operating system? Your own settings in the group window?
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Bill, for some reason a lot of Amel forum emails go to my spam folder, so many that I now check regularly. Despite marking them "not spam" it still happens.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 02/02/2022 08:48 Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I SEE THE ANSWERS BUT NOT MY ORIGINAL POST.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Bill, for some reason a lot of Amel forum emails go to my spam folder, so many that I now check regularly. Despite marking them "not spam" it still happens.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 02/02/2022 08:48 Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I SEE THE ANSWERS BUT NOT MY ORIGINAL POST.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

JB Duler

Danny, most of the time the problem is not at the source but at the reception.

I don't know what Bill is using as an email service (Amazon SES? Mailgun? Sengrid?). But it works very well.

Email is way more complex than we tend to think. And it works well most of the time.
Who is handling the email for the domain xtra.co.nz? It may have worked in the past but very few email providers (beyond Microsoft and Gmail) have been able to keep up with tech. Don't forget that they have now to deal with billions of spam emails and they do an excellent job.

A solution is maybe to open a different email like dannyYvonneSimms@...?
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Our service used AWS.

The only issues we have is with certain ISPs. Optonline and Yahoo are historically the biggest problems.

Think about it. If over 1000 users do not have the problem you are experiencing, while you continue to have these issues, the probability is very high that the fault is on your side.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022, 18:04 JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:
Danny, most of the time the problem is not at the source but at the reception.

I don't know what Bill is using as an email service (Amazon SES? Mailgun? Sengrid?). But it works very well.

Email is way more complex than we tend to think. And it works well most of the time.
Who is handling the email for the domain xtra.co.nz? It may have worked in the past but very few email providers (beyond Microsoft and Gmail) have been able to keep up with tech. Don't forget that they have now to deal with billions of spam emails and they do an excellent job.

A solution is maybe to open a different email like dannyYvonneSimms@...?
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco
Meltem # 19, Western Med

David Vogel

Hi all,

Nothing seen from the AMEL users' group via email since 25-Jan'22. Mu ISP is bouncing emails from this originator, due to "poor reputation". I have "unbounced" via my logon to https://amelyachtowners.groups.io, and am waiting for the feed to re-commence.

Best,

David

David Vogel

asav.iinet.net.au: 554 irony-in24.icp.internal.iinet.net.au Your access to this mail system from 66.175.222.12 has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

David Vogel

Anyone know wht this means: how I read it is that my ISP (asav.iinet.net.au) is rejecting emails sent from "66.175.222.12" (which I presume is 'amelyachtowners.groups.io'), due to so-called 'poor reputation'. Any further insights, or how to fix this?

Groups.io is constantly working on an issue caused by users of groups.io. Some users either accidentally mark incoming messages as spam, but more often when they do not want to receive any more emails, simply mark it as spam. This included a few members of this group.

The Internet Community of ISPs is constantly trying to identify those people producing spam. Because a few users Groups.io make this error, this will happen. It is ALWAYS the smaller ISPs that do not update their database. Optonline is one of those ISPs. If you have GMAIL, you will not have this problem, unless you mark a Group email as spam.

I get an email from Groups.io whenever someone marks an email as spam. And Groups.io immediately removes that member from our Group, sending an email to the member with a link to re-join. BUT, please understand that the marking of that email as spam has already done its damage with regard to the ISP community trying to eliminate spammers. Almost every time this happens somebody at Groups.io is required to mitigate the issue with the ISP community.

I hope this is understandable, but if it is not understandable to you and you have accidentally marked an email from our Group as spam, please change your email provider to GMAIL.

Bill

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 11:49 PM David Vogel <david.vogel@...> wrote:
Anyone know wht this means:  how I read it is that my ISP (asav.iinet.net.au) is rejecting emails sent from "66.175.222.12" (which I presume is 'amelyachtowners.groups.io'), due to so-called 'poor reputation'.  Any further insights, or how to fix this?

Ralf Schroeder

Hi David,

the message "poor reputation" is an information about the Spam Confidence Level(SCL) or SPAM reputation from a SPAM Scanner or e-mail server or best, an e-mail gateway.

Very small or old SPAM scanner use one or more databases from companies, that serve SPAM informations about e-mail addresses or domains on a blacklist.
On this databases, it´s mostly very "easy" to become a record on it.
Our group send some emails every day. And when then a user on an open e-mail provider (Hotmail, gmail and so on) mean, this is SPAM, it is possible, that he (or she) click on a button, that mark the e-mails as SPAM.
When this user or some more user do this sometimes, some of this e-mail provider generate a record to one of this database. And some e-mail provider generate this record automatically, when the systems recognize some e-mails with the some content for some users.

Better e-mail gateway's use this databases, too. And this systems are using some other tools, rules and algorithm, to set the SCL.
And on this complete work, the gateway generate a poor reputation and about this the SCL.

So what is to do?
Someone has to check, use your ISP only one off the databases from a SPAM blacklist. When this is correct, mostly there is a process, to delete the record from the blacklist.
Use your ISP a modern e-mail gateway with algorithm, sometimes it is possible, to generate a record on a whitelist.

Best Regards
Ralf
SV Baghira, Sharki #42