Volvo Penta D3 110i-A


Nick Newington
 

I am at home in the U.K. and Amelia is in Leros.
In the photo below you can see what I believe to be the oil pressure monitor that has a small oil leak. Located just beside the base of the dip stick tube.
It needs to be replaced but my parts catalogue is on the boat…

Anyone know the part number??.

There has been a very small oil leak that side of the engine and no space to see due to the fuel tank location.
I could not find it all last summer and autumn, until I bought a selfie stick and took lots of photos with my phone, that finally revealed the problem.


Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr


Slavko Despotovic
 

Hi NIck,

Try site www.marinepartseurope.com. There you can search by Volvo engine model,  and for every part of the engine there is schematics as well. Then just order. I usually buy from them.

Regards.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Croatia


Slavko Despotovic
 

This is how one can find what is he looking for.It It is not for your engine model number. It is for D3-110I-C. I do not know the difference between A and C model.

https://marinepartseurope.com/explodedview?category=Marine+Diesel+Engines&product=D3-110I-C&catalog=M-D3-B_INB&img=50584.png&header=Lubricating+System&section=54160697--

Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Croatia


Dominique Sery
 

Hi Nick,

The oil pressure sensor for the Volvo 110iA is part number 3545696.
I am posting the spare parts catalog view I have with a link to download it 
(in French but with drawings)

http://dominiquesery.fr/telechargements/Volvo-eclate-pieces-detachees.pdf

Best regards
Dominique
Irko
A54#16 (Kilada Greece)


Dominique Sery
 

 
Nick,

The oil pressure sensor on the Volvo parts catalogue does not appear to be bipolar.
I know that Amel had the engine modified by Volvo to be dual pole.
Perhaps look for a bipolar oil pressure sensor to avoid losing the protection fitted by Amel?

Dominique


 

Nick,

As I am sure that you are aware looking up a part number for the D3 is not as straightforward as some people might think. Volvo France modified the D3 to comply with Amel's request for an isolated ground engine. For some reason the modifications are not available to all Volvo dealers...at least this is what some owners have reported. Some of the sensors were changed to receive 12 volt negative from a second wire to the sensor and the wiring harness was modified along with possibly some other modifications, resulting in an Isolated ground D3.

As far as I know, Amel never gave any information on these changed parts to any Amel owner. Thus, I have attempted over the last few years to make a list of the special sensors used in the Isolated Ground modified D3 by Volvo France. I believe the part you want is: 
Part No. 8151889 CONTACT PRESSION HUILE BIPO / OIL PRESSURE PROBE (Also supplied via Volvo Trucks). This part was available at Gwen Marine (see the following inserted document) 

This is my current list, although I am not 100% sure it applies to all D3-110 models A through H:


Bill


CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   


On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 7:38 AM Dominique Sery via groups.io <dominiquesery=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
 
Nick,

The oil pressure sensor on the Volvo parts catalogue does not appear to be bipolar.
I know that Amel had the engine modified by Volvo to be dual pole.
Perhaps look for a bipolar oil pressure sensor to avoid losing the protection fitted by Amel?

Dominique


 

More info:
image.png


CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   


On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 8:39 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Nick,

As I am sure that you are aware looking up a part number for the D3 is not as straightforward as some people might think. Volvo France modified the D3 to comply with Amel's request for an isolated ground engine. For some reason the modifications are not available to all Volvo dealers...at least this is what some owners have reported. Some of the sensors were changed to receive 12 volt negative from a second wire to the sensor and the wiring harness was modified along with possibly some other modifications, resulting in an Isolated ground D3.

As far as I know, Amel never gave any information on these changed parts to any Amel owner. Thus, I have attempted over the last few years to make a list of the special sensors used in the Isolated Ground modified D3 by Volvo France. I believe the part you want is: 
Part No. 8151889 CONTACT PRESSION HUILE BIPO / OIL PRESSURE PROBE (Also supplied via Volvo Trucks). This part was available at Gwen Marine (see the following inserted document) 

This is my current list, although I am not 100% sure it applies to all D3-110 models A through H:


Bill


CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 7:38 AM Dominique Sery via groups.io <dominiquesery=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
 
Nick,

The oil pressure sensor on the Volvo parts catalogue does not appear to be bipolar.
I know that Amel had the engine modified by Volvo to be dual pole.
Perhaps look for a bipolar oil pressure sensor to avoid losing the protection fitted by Amel?

Dominique


Mohammad Shirloo
 

Hi Nick;

We replaced this oil pressure switch back in 2017. Attached is the invoice from Gwen Marine. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I also found the schematic of the sensor, while I was looking, to figure out why the sensor that I ordered from Volvo by the engine serial number, was different than the one I was replacing. The answer, as others have already provided, is the modifications done by Volvo France for Amel, that were not documented at Volvo. This is one of the sensors that was changed at Volvo France, to achieve the isolated ground.

Happy Sailing;


Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nick Newington via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 12:25 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo Penta D3 110i-A

I am at home in the U.K. and Amelia is in Leros.
In the photo below you can see what I believe to be the oil pressure monitor that has a small oil leak. Located just beside the base of the dip stick tube.
It needs to be replaced but my parts catalogue is on the boat…

Anyone know the part number??.

There has been a very small oil leak that side of the engine and no space to see due to the fuel tank location.
I could not find it all last summer and autumn, until I bought a selfie stick and took lots of photos with my phone, that finally revealed the problem.


Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr


Nick Newington
 

Thanks for the amazing response.

Now I just gotta get my hands on one before April 26

Nick

S/Y Amelia 
AML 54-019 Leros GR

On 16 Apr 2022, at 15:25, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Nick;

We replaced this oil pressure switch back in 2017. Attached is the invoice from Gwen Marine. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I also found the schematic of the sensor, while I was looking, to figure out why the sensor that I ordered from Volvo by the engine serial number, was different than the one I was replacing. The answer, as others have already provided, is the modifications done by Volvo France for Amel, that were not documented at Volvo. This is one of the sensors that was changed at Volvo France, to achieve the isolated ground.

Happy Sailing;


Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nick Newington via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 12:25 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo Penta D3 110i-A

I am at home in the U.K. and Amelia is in Leros.
In the photo below you can see what I believe to be the oil pressure monitor that has a small oil leak. Located just beside the base of the dip stick tube.
It needs to be replaced but my parts catalogue is on the boat…

Anyone know the part number??.

There has been a very small oil leak that side of the engine and no space to see due to the fuel tank location.
I could not find it all last summer and autumn, until I bought a selfie stick and took lots of photos with my phone, that finally revealed the problem.


Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr










<PDF11E1.PDF><OilPress_8151889.pdf>


Mohammad Shirloo
 

Nick;

 

Call Gwen Marin on Monday. They can probably get it out the same day and you should have it next week.

 

Happy Sailing;

 

 

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

 

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nick Newington via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 8:41 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo Penta D3 110i-A

 

Thanks for the amazing response.

 

Now I just gotta get my hands on one before April 26

 

Nick

 

S/Y Amelia 

AML 54-019 Leros GR



On 16 Apr 2022, at 15:25, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

 

Hi Nick;

We replaced this oil pressure switch back in 2017. Attached is the invoice from Gwen Marine. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I also found the schematic of the sensor, while I was looking, to figure out why the sensor that I ordered from Volvo by the engine serial number, was different than the one I was replacing. The answer, as others have already provided, is the modifications done by Volvo France for Amel, that were not documented at Volvo. This is one of the sensors that was changed at Volvo France, to achieve the isolated ground.

Happy Sailing;


Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

-----Original Message-----
From: 
main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nick Newington via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 12:25 AM
To: 
main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo Penta D3 110i-A

I am at home in the U.K. and Amelia is in Leros.
In the photo below you can see what I believe to be the oil pressure monitor that has a small oil leak. Located just beside the base of the dip stick tube.
It needs to be replaced but my parts catalogue is on the boat…

Anyone know the part number??.

There has been a very small oil leak that side of the engine and no space to see due to the fuel tank location.
I could not find it all last summer and autumn, until I bought a selfie stick and took lots of photos with my phone, that finally revealed the problem.


Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr










<PDF11E1.PDF><OilPress_8151889.pdf>

 


Dominique Sery
 

Bill, as you said, the 110iA, 110iB and 110iC versions have the same pressure sensor. The 110iD and 110iE versions have a different model.
Dominique


 

Can you tell me the part number for the D & E?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse 
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com 
Yacht School Calendar: www.preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html


   


On Sat, Apr 16, 2022, 11:20 Dominique Sery via groups.io <dominiquesery=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill, as you said, the 110iA, 110iB and 110iC versions have the same pressure sensor. The 110iD and 110iE versions have a different model.
Dominique


Dominique Sery
 

 
Bill,

The original oil pressure sensor for versions A, B and C is 3445696, replaced by model 8151889 (with an adaptor as the thread is different, 14-10) to be bipolar.
For versions D, E, F the original sensor is 21634021, the thread is 16mm and there seems to be 4 connectors. I don't know if it is the bipolar model 8151889 that is installed with an adapter, it would have to see on an engine but access is very difficult without disassembly.

Best regards
Dominique
CW Bill Rouse
Apr 16   

Can you tell me the part number for the D & E?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse 
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com 
Yacht School Calendar: www.preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html


 

Thanks,



CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   


On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 2:32 AM Dominique Sery via groups.io <dominiquesery=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
 
Bill,

The original oil pressure sensor for versions A, B and C is 3445696, replaced by model 8151889 (with an adaptor as the thread is different, 14-10) to be bipolar.
For versions D, E, F the original sensor is 21634021, the thread is 16mm and there seems to be 4 connectors. I don't know if it is the bipolar model 8151889 that is installed with an adapter, it would have to see on an engine but access is very difficult without disassembly.

Best regards
Dominique
CW Bill Rouse
Apr 16   #63000  

Can you tell me the part number for the D & E?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse 
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com 
Yacht School Calendar: www.preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html