Securing a B&G 213 MHU

Jérémy

My mistake : it's not "LCJ CV3F" but "LCJ CV7-STBG".

Jérémy
SM#121
Le 28/04/2022 à 23:18, Jérémy via groups.io a écrit :

During the survey of my boat at the time of purchase, when Olivier tested the anemometer at the top of the mast, it fell on the deck.
Seeing the cost of the B&G 213, I preferred to find another solution, but which will remain compatible with the Hydra unit because I really like the look of the analog displays :)
I've found an ultrasonic sensor, compatible with the B&G system. It's the CV3F from LCJ, with B&G Option (named STBG for SeaTalk + B&G option).

The CV3F with the STBG option output both NMEA signal and the same B&G 213 analog signal (for the Hydra unit), and everything works perfectly.

https://lcjcapteurs.com/en/girouette-anemometres-capteur-vent/cv3f-ultrasonic-wind-sensor/

Jérémy
SM#121
Le 27/04/2022 à 07:40, Mark Erdos a écrit :

A few months ago, Loca Lola  wrote on here about a B&G replacement that had no bearings and was 0183 2000 comparable. IMO - B&G has a long way to go to catch up on this technology. When I run out of B&G's stupid expensive spare parts, this or something similar will be my choice.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

--
SM #121 Nausicaä
Nantes, France

--
SM #121 Nausicaä
Nantes, France

Billy Newport

Same happened to me. I was on my 3rd rebuilt 213 which didn't work when I gave up, bought a WS320 and installed on the mast. I configured the H5000 to use it rather than the MHU and changed the TZ2 to use the 320 also. What I'm unable to do is to reconfigure the 711c auto pilot to use the 320 for AWA etc. The menu option for change data sources etc isn't on my 711c. Maybe, I'm doing something stupid but if anyone knows how to unlock the menu item which allows a different data source to be picked for the 711c, I'd be grateful.   THanks, Billy 55#56

Jérémy

[...]

Mark Erdos

A few months ago, Loca Lola  wrote on here about a B&G replacement that had no bearings and was 0183 2000 comparable. IMO - B&G has a long way to go to catch up on this technology. When I run out of B&G's stupid expensive spare parts, this or something similar will be my choice.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks Bill. Good useful information.