Bow thruster seals

Peggy Rotan

Hello,

My Amel has been a marina queen for going on 5 years. Prior to going into the marina the bow thruster seals were replaced. The bow thruster has had very limited use during the last 5 years. I am getting ready to pull the boat to get the bottom done.

The question I have is: do the bow thruster seals need to be replaced when I pull the boat?

Peggy Rotan
SV Bearfoot SM#36

If you have the seals, definitely yes. The reason is you do not know what was done before and if it was done right. Also, you might find that the lower unit tube has been seized by a rusty bottom of the motor, and that will only get worse with time.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550