FW: tb/Frigoboat Pump Interface E51385/AYOG

Teun BAAS

I remember about 3 years ago Bill ROUSE alerted the forum that the FRIGOBOAT CLIMMA Pump Interface E51385 was no longer produced with several members reporting having problems finding the units. See below and attached.

I was able to locate 7 units; bought them all and sent 2 to fellow AMEL 54 owners asking for one. I have still 5 left and 1 in the engine room.

Last week I changed my freezer water cooled compressor to an air cooled compressor and next week, when the Corian is being replaced, we will replace the 2 other water cooled units provided (with all the Corian top removed) we have easy access to the vertical fridge/freezer compressor we will change that one out as well.

Therefore in 2 weeks I hope to have all fridges & freezers with an air cooled compressor and no longer need for these 5 new and 1 currently in use Pump Interfaces.

Each unit USD125 plus actual mailing from Australia.

The used unit USD65 plus actual mailing cost from Australia.

IMG_2329.jpg

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

September 12, 2022 12:23:44

Randall Walker

Twin,
I would be interested in some info on the fridge and freezer units you installed.
Also in my stores I have spare interfaces but would rather hear and see what you have gone with. One less salt water hose is always better.

Cheers,
Randall
A54#56

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 22:26 Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

[...]

Barry Connor

Hi Teun,
Hope you are well and enjoying the Gold Coast.
I would like one of your fridge interfaces. Shipping to a UK address.
Please advise cost and preferred payment method.
Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Southern Caribbean

On Sep 13, 2022, at 6:39 AM, Randall Walker <sailingalbedo@...> wrote:

[...]

image001.jpg

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

September 12, 2022 12:23:44

Teun BAAS

Good Morning,

Pls send me an Email (teun@...) with the UK address with zip code etc. so I can check on the mailing cost.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

September 15, 2022 08:00:07

[...]

Randall,

Since 2017 I have via the AYOG Forum as well as on board been aware of the A54 fridge & freezer issues. I agree that the insulation of the freezer is terrible etc. etc. but I was/am just looking to have some reliable fridge & freezer functionality and not constantly (every 3 to 6 months) having to mess with pumps; thermostats & interfaces.

In April 2022 I had a pump problem; couldn’t find the FLOJET here in OZ and got an brushless continuous 24V pump which: A) did NOT cost too much; B) very small and C) worked PERFECT.

Then 2 weeks ago my freezer acted up again with fluctuating temperatures– and I got really tired of this recurring problem.

The owners of my neighboring A53 Super Maramu over & over pointed out that the A53 fridge & freezer compressor are air-cooled iso water cooled; so, although my friend Arno from SV LUNA made clear that I am still NOT addressing the core problem, decided to replace the water cooled compressor with a 50 air-cooled compressor.

All ready booking in May 2022 to have extensive galley work done (tearing out all the Corian etc.) for first availability (Sep 19, 2022) I also wanted to replace the (still working very well) door fridge with a 2 drawer fridge; again copying Arno. However the contractor couldn’t get the “Arno specified” 2 drawer fridge in time (over 6 months waiting) and the available unit had drawbacks, I decided not to replace the current fridge and wait until I can get the right unit. However we will replace the water-cooled compressor for a 50 air-cooled compressor.

If, upon tearing out the section around the vertical fridge/freezer, it appears to be not too problematic we will also replace that water-cooled compressor and I will be 100% running on air-cooled fridge/freezer compressors. If we can not get that one done I will only have 1 unit running on this problem free brushless Johnson pump.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

September 15, 2022 08:21:39

[...]

Vladan SV PAME

Hi Teun,

Can you please share more details for brushless pump you used for fridge cooling?

Is it straight replacement or you needed new interface?

Best Regards,
Vladan
A54 #157
SV PAME

[...]

Hi Vladan,

Johnson Pump

SPX Heavy Duty Magnetic driven Seal-less Circulation Pump

CM10/30

I have the 30.

I paid something like AUD180 per pump from a specialized “only pumps selling” dealer with a discount as he knew my A53 SM owning friend; I saw it @ the Ships Chandlery here for AUD385 😊.

I am still using the regular AMEL OEM FRIGOBOAT Pump Interface E51385.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

September 15, 2022 17:11:25

[...]

Thanks Teun,

I will give a try to brushless pump.

Best Regards,