Topics

A54 Engine Transmission (ZF25)

Arno Luijten

I just uploaded the workshop manual for the engine transmission into the "/Files / Volvo Penta" section. I don't think there is a lot we can do about this thing ourselves as it needs lots of specialty tools to work on it.

One thing I did wonder about. Does anyone have recommendations about refreshing the oil in the transmission? I don't remember seeing any mention of this in the manuals.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Roman Lawrence

Hello Arno, thanks for answering. Amel recomend every 2 years.
I wanted to have the drawing for the propulsion, to give the engeneer in the shipyard some help

mit feundlichem Gruß / best regards

Roman Lawrence
Schüruferstraße 202a
44269 Dortmund / germany
I just uploaded the workshop manual for the engine transmission into the "/Files / Volvo Penta" section. I don't think there is a lot we can do about this thing ourselves as it needs lots of specialty tools to work on it.

One thing I did wonder about. Does anyone have recommendations about refreshing the oil in the transmission? I don't remember seeing any mention of this in the manuals.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Arno;

We replace the transmission oil and filter every year prior to the start of the season. I believe this is stated in the manual. Also, we fill the oil to the top (About an extra 2 liters) for winter storage. This is recommended in the manual to cover all gears to prevent rust and corrosion.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

I just uploaded the workshop manual for the engine transmission into the "/Files / Volvo Penta" section. I don't think there is a lot we can do about this thing ourselves as it needs lots of specialty tools to work on it.

One thing I did wonder about. Does anyone have recommendations about refreshing the oil in the transmission? I don't remember seeing any mention of this in the manuals.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Arno Luijten

Hi Mohammad,

You must be one of the few doing this with so much dedication! Which user manual are you referring to? It's the first time I've heard this as normally moist cannot enter the gearbox.
But I think it is about time I start refreshing the reverse-gear-oil...

Thanks,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Arno;

We had a Z25 manual on board, when we purchased Kokomo. The oil and filter change of the Z25 is a fairly simple process. Make sure you use the proper Automatic Transmission Oil. Going off memory, I believe it is a dexron III  or higher.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099