Topics

A55: fresh water pump system : Beam IV on passage from Bonaire towards Santa Marta / Carthagena

Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...>

Hello Joerg & Bill,

Who ever thought you’d need a bicycle pump on a boat , but you do!

We bought this fancy cycle pump in Bonaire ( the old fashion type would be better ) pumped up the accumulator and we have water!!

THANK YOU

The pump is still running continuously though any ideas on that one?

Very best regards & thanks ..

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 25 Feb 2020, at 01:53, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313@...> wrote:

In my experience, there has to be nothing wrong to create this condition.   I’ve had this happen on my boat when I get back after many months away.  Or if the tank was run very low.   Pump up the tank and see whether it works.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Joerg Esdorn

Sorry, Stuart.  Pumping up the tank fixed the problem of continuous running for me.  Stupid question, sorry: Do you have water in the tank?  Cheers. Joerg

Paul Stascavage

Stuart.

Is the pressure good after pumping up the tank?

If so, it sounds to me like the next thing to check is the pressure switch. If it is adjusted incorrectly the pump will keep running as it is trying to reach a pressure to high for the pump to achieve.

Do like Bill said and google the instructions for the d square ( I believe) switch. It is not that difficult to properly adjust. If you read the instructions multiple times you should be able to do it. I think there are also some good YouTube videos on how to do it.

Good luck and report back.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn SM #466

RitaKathryn.com

Currently Cruising Bahamas

Stuart,

I gave you all of my ideas. Like I said before I don't think the accumulator tank pressure has anything to do with a continuous running pump.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020, 5:08 PM Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...> wrote:
Hello Joerg & Bill,

Who ever thought you’d need a bicycle pump on a boat , but you do!

We bought this fancy cycle pump in Bonaire ( the old fashion type would be better ) pumped up the accumulator and we have water!!

THANK YOU

The pump is still running continuously though any ideas on that one?

Very best regards & thanks ..

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,