Topics

A55: fresh water pump system : Beam IV

michael winand

Just a thought.
If you have a leak on the suction side it will allow air to enter the water pipes and this won't compress enough to reach the shut off pressure.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 10:39 pm, CW Bill Rouse
<brouse@...> wrote:
Stuart,

I gave you all of my ideas. Like I said before I don't think the accumulator tank pressure has anything to do with a continuous running pump.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020, 5:08 PM Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...> wrote:
Hello Joerg & Bill,

Who ever thought you’d need a bicycle pump on a boat , but you do!

We bought this fancy cycle pump in Bonaire ( the old fashion type would be better ) pumped up the accumulator and we have water!!

THANK YOU

The pump is still running continuously though any ideas on that one?

Very best regards & thanks ..

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 25 Feb 2020, at 01:53, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

In my experience, there has to be nothing wrong to create this condition.   I’ve had this happen on my boat when I get back after many months away.  Or if the tank was run very low.   Pump up the tank and see whether it works.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Stuart Hemingway

Thank you Michael,

That should be the next procedure to investigate .

Confusingly the deck hose and the transum shower have good pressure.

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

On 27 Feb 2020, at 17:45, michael winand via Groups.Io <mfw642000@...> wrote:

Just a thought.
If you have a leak on the suction side it will allow air to enter the water pipes and this won't compress enough to reach the shut off pressure.
Michael. Nebo sm251

<brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 25 Feb 2020, at 01:53, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

In my experience, there has to be nothing wrong to create this condition.   I’ve had this happen on my boat when I get back after many months away.  Or if the tank was run very low.   Pump up the tank and see whether it works.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

michael winand

Great to hear that you have most likely found the problem. If you still have a flow problem it is likely to be a partial blockage where the water is distributed. If so. I would back connect a hose to flush the circuit.

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 5:00 am, Stuart Hemingway
<stuart@...> wrote:
Thank you Michael,

That should be the next procedure to investigate .

Confusingly the deck hose and the transum shower have good pressure.

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

<brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 25 Feb 2020, at 01:53, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

In my experience, there has to be nothing wrong to create this condition.   I’ve had this happen on my boat when I get back after many months away.  Or if the tank was run very low.   Pump up the tank and see whether it works.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Stuart Hemingway

Thank you Michael,

Where would you back connect the hose to please?

Stuart

 On 3 Mar 2020, at 19:50, michael winand via Groups.Io <mfw642000@...> wrote:

Great to hear that you have most likely found the problem. If you still have a flow problem it is likely to be a partial blockage where the water is distributed. If so. I would back connect a hose to flush the circuit.
Michael  nebo sm251

<stuart@...> wrote:
Thank you Michael,

That should be the next procedure to investigate .

Confusingly the deck hose and the transum shower have good pressure.

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

<brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 25 Feb 2020, at 01:53, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

In my experience, there has to be nothing wrong to create this condition.   I’ve had this happen on my boat when I get back after many months away.  Or if the tank was run very low.   Pump up the tank and see whether it works.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Paul Stascavage

Stuart

Congratulations

Looks like you are well on your way to fixing this problem.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn SM #466

RitaKathryn.com

Currently Cruising Bahamas

michael winand

I would start from the furthest cold water tap. Disconnect the fixture and connect a hose that you can use the dock water. Disconnect the hose from the pump. Put a hose into a bucket so that you can see if anything comes through. Looking for a small piece of plastic.
This is a last step in the process to ensure you have cleared the pipeline.
I think you will probably not have to do this.