Topics

ACMO Rigging

Mark Barter

Edited

In December 2019 we had our standing rigging replaced by Seanergie in Hyeres.

They used ACMO rigging and WDS wire.

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky

All,

I locked this email thread because it violates posting rules, but I also contacted ACMO with the original poster's complaints about his rigging. The Amel Yacht Owners Group has this posting policy (in part): "Please refrain from criticism of persons or businesses in which you may have experienced unsatisfactory results, because it would be one-sided, without the ability of the other side to respond." I am sure we could argue the validity of this rule, but I believe it is one of the things that separate the Amel Yacht Owners Group from many other similar groups.

Please do not respond to this posting with further negative remarks about ACMO. If you believe that you have an issue with a purchase you made from ACMO, contact ACMO directly. ACMO has been an exceptional resource for many Amel owners. ACMO is the supplier of rigging to Amel and it is unusual that ACMO will deal directly with Amel owners. ACMO makes a quality product and if there is an issue, they have responded professionally.

And, BTW, I find it admirable that privately Laetitia Boudon said to me:
"In your place, I would not have deleted this gentleman's post but try to help him, thank you, but I find it not the best solution :("

This was ACMO's complete response:
Hello Bill
I thank you for your feedback.
Do you know why the customer did not come to us to ask for help with this problem?

For cables:
It is very important that people understand that during the first months it is necessary to clean the cables with water and mild soap, because during the manufacture grease is used and the cleaning products are more environmentally friendly. When the cable is under tension, a little grease may come out and dust will stick to it! There is therefore appearance of this "rust" color which does not have any! You just have to scrub with a soft brush.

For the turnbuckles:
Do you know the place where the boat is "stowed"? According to my chromeur, the chlorine in the air can cause this problem, so I can change the turnbuckle cages for him.

For the axis:
I have no explanation for the moment. Can you have a photo of the axis side.

Do you think it's a good idea for me to talk to Mr. Mark Barter? I would like this client to contact me.

I will also contact SEANERGIE.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Laetitia Boudon

laetitia@....

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

All, more information on chrome plating today vs chrome plating yesterday.

Laetitia Boudon <laetitia@...> (laetitia"at"acmo.fr) wrote the following:

I forgot to tell you that the products for chrome plating are also weaker than before, always to protect nature. People need to understand this :) ACMO quality is still there!
Regarding her comment, "always to protect nature," I did some research and found the US EPA and the EU EPA has caused all of us some issues with chrome plating today vs yesterday.
https://www.pfonline.com/articles/hard-chrome-plating-its-past-present-and-future

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Peter Forbes

Bill,

If this is the case - and who knows where the ‘air’ is chlorinated - is there a case to review the material that turnbuckles are made of? It is a pity if the ship looks bad because the turnbuckles can’t be buffed up?

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango
Amel 54 #035
La Rochelle - just having rig replaced!!!
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 29 Jan 2021, at 13:49, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

All, more information on chrome plating today vs chrome plating yesterday.

Laetitia Boudon <laetitia@...> (laetitia"at"acmo.fr) wrote the following:

I forgot to tell you that the products for chrome plating are also weaker than before, always to protect nature. People need to understand this :) ACMO quality is still there!
Regarding her comment, "always to protect nature," I did some research and found the US EPA and the EU EPA has caused all of us some issues with chrome plating today vs yesterday.
https://www.pfonline.com/articles/hard-chrome-plating-its-past-present-and-future

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

More very good information from ACMO:

ACMO now has a turnbuckle with a combination of Stainless Steel with Bronze. For a complete rigging kit for a SM the approximate increased cost is 150 €. This is a no-brainer.

Laetitia <laetitia@...> writes:
Do not hesitate to offer them the attached turnbuckle.
the ideal solution if your client is in a port where the air is a little chlorinated ...
All stainless steel turnbuckle with a bronze ring, no more chrome plating worries!  (Just a little more expensive)

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Ian Park

Well done Bill from start to finish! A concern to all of us nearing replacing standing rigging and
you did a good job in keeping the group positive.

Peter Forbes

I have just changed my order on Acmo to stainless.

Thank you Bill.

Peter

Peter Forbes
CARANGO
Amel 54 #035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 29 Jan 2021, at 14:17, Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

Well done Bill from start to finish! A concern to all of us nearing replacing standing rigging and
you did a good job in keeping the group positive.

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

We are also about to order complete replacement rigging from ACMO so the timing of this information could not be better. We are pleased that these issues have been pointed out to us as part of this forum.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 5:19 pm, Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:

I have just changed my order on Acmo to stainless.

Thank you Bill.

Peter

Peter Forbes
CARANGO
Amel 54 #035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 29 Jan 2021, at 14:17, Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

Well done Bill from start to finish! A concern to all of us nearing replacing standing rigging and
you did a good job in keeping the group positive.

When you order, order from Laetitia Boudon <Laetitia"at"acmo.fr>. Thank her for the information and thank her for me.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 9:25 AM Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io <southernadventurer=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
We are also about to order complete replacement rigging from ACMO so the timing of this information could not be better. We are pleased that these issues have been pointed out to us as part of this forum.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 5:19 pm, Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:

I have just changed my order on Acmo to stainless.

Thank you Bill.

Peter

Peter Forbes
CARANGO
Amel 54 #035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 29 Jan 2021, at 14:17, Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

Well done Bill from start to finish! A concern to all of us nearing replacing standing rigging and
you did a good job in keeping the group positive.

Alain Durante

Dear Bill,

I agree 100% that Laeticia is very helpful and very kind. I just ordered a new rigging for Meige with stainless turnbuckle. I am also going to change the electric jib furler with a FACNOR EF+550S.

Cordialement,

Alain Durante

A54#21 / SV Meige

South of France

When you order, order from Laetitia Boudon <Laetitia"at"acmo.fr>. Thank her for the information and thank her for me.

Bill

Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.

View My Training Calendar

[...]

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Bill. Thank you for these responses. You are absolutely right. As well it was helpful to see acmos detailed responses.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl