ACMO Rigging - Standing Rigging Supplier to Amel for 40 years

All,

I am very pleased to announce that I am in direct contact with Philippe Gazzurelli, owner of ACMO France. His company has recently experienced difficulties beginning with COVID, then with Supply Chain issues which continue to be a problem. Additionally, ACMO recently lost the rigging contract with Amel because of price. At about the same time, ACMO lost a key employee, Laetitia Boudon, who many of us got to know very well.

None of the above issues has changed anything in terms of my preference for ACMO quality and accuracy for Amel yachts. Today I made an agreement with M Gazzurelli that normally would benefit only my clients, however because of its significance I want to share it with all of you that own an Amel so that you may benefit also. If you mention my name as the person who referred you, ACMO will discount the rigging by 10% and this discount will be shown on the invoice. This is significantly better than we had in the past. More...

I need to explain this discount more to those of you who are not clients of mine. About 4 years ago I began to negotiate discounts for my clients with suppliers that I had personally used before. I was successful with every supplier I approached and today I am proud to say that I have done this with over 40 marine suppliers, worldwide, with the majority being in Europe and North America. The discounts range from 5% to 20%. I estimate that I have saved Amel owners between 250,000 and 500,000 €. I refuse any commissions or incentives from these suppliers and have received nothing from any of them.

Although all 40 of these vendors are available to my clients, only standing rigging from ACMO and sails from QSails & Incidence is available to all of the members of the Amel Yacht Owners Group.

If any of you have any questions about any of this, please contact me at brouse@....

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

Ian Townsend

Well done Bill and thank you. Great news for our entire community, as usual.

Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On May 25, 2022, at 6:41 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Doug Smith

Thanks Bill!
I’ll also add Bill has saved me far more time and money by his shared knowledge and advice, but the discount are nice as well.

Thanks, Doug Smith

Amel 54-113, Aventura
Charleston SC USA
Dugsmith98@...

[...]

Dean Gillies

Good news, thanks for all your efforts Bill.

I tried to contact Nikky Samut to get some work done when we were in Malta a couple of weeks ago, but got no response.
Is Nikky still one of your preferred riggers for the ACMO product?  Stella is now 12 years old and we'll replace the rigging soon. I'm pretty happy that ACMO are still in the game.

All the best
--
Dean Gillies
SV Stella *****,  Amel 54-154

Yes, Nicky is still the preferred rigger. He also crews on an Amel 64. I suspect that is the reason. His contact is:
 Mobile +356 79271668
nickysail@...

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 10:00 AM Dean Gillies <stella@...> wrote:
Good news, thanks for all your efforts Bill.

I tried to contact Nikky Samut to get some work done when we were in Malta a couple of weeks ago, but got no response.
Is Nikky still one of your preferred riggers for the ACMO product?  Stella is now 12 years old and we'll replace the rigging soon. I'm pretty happy that ACMO are still in the game.

All the best
--
Dean Gillies
SV Stella *****,  Amel 54-154

Rachael

Well done for your perseverance Bill, this is good news that you have now reestablished contact with ACMO on behalf of all Amel owners.

Good job!

Rachael
--

Rachael & Robin Courtenay