Topics

advice on Spain/Portugal ?

John & Ruth Martin <jjmartin24@...>

Hello All

We hopefully will soon be owners of a 1999 Super Maramu currently lying in La Rochelle. Assuming closing goes as planned in July, we plan to start moving her southward in August towards the Canaries and cross over to the Caribbean in November. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of good cruising areas in the Bay of Biscay, north coast Spain, or Portugal ? Are the Imray Lorrie cruising guides pretty good ? We may need to leave her for a month or so, can anyone recommend a reasonably economical and safe harbor/marina in Portugal ?

Thanks alot

John & Ruth Martin

pagandaisy <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., "John & Ruth Martin" <jjmartin24@h...>
wrote:
Hello All

We hopefully will soon be owners of a 1999 Super Maramu currently
lying in
La Rochelle. Assuming closing goes as planned in July, we plan to
start
moving her southward in August towards the Canaries and cross over
to the
Caribbean in November. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of
good
cruising areas in the Bay of Biscay, north coast Spain, or
Portugal ? Are
the Imray Lorrie cruising guides pretty good ? We may need to leave
her for
a month or so, can anyone recommend a reasonably economical and
safe
harbor/marina in Portugal ?

Thanks alot

John & Ruth Martin

We sailed over several years ago via La Coruna and Madeira. The
guide that Amel provided with the boat was excellent for France and
the Bay of Biscay (Gascoyne to the French). We had an excellent
guide to Spain and Portugal La Coruna to Gibralter. Actually the
title. Fortunately we didn't need it. Excellent French charts are
available in La Rochelle. Those for Portugal and onward in La
Coruna. A decent marina is inside the wall in La Coruna. I'd
suggest you call ahead. I wouldn't be afraid to leave a boat there.
Anything else we can help you with, just write.
_
http://www.hotmail.com