Again a question about yacht insurance

Arno Luijten

Dear Forum,

Is anyone aware of a insurance company that offers yacht insurance for a reasonable premium that includes named windstorm coverage outside the hurricane area (Curacao)?

Our current broker (Used to be Y-yacht but taken over by Topsail) seems to unable to meet this request.

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

James Watkins

Try Edward.williams.com.   I got insurance for my Maramu for the total Caribbean including hurricane coverage.   They are a Spanish company and work with global insurers.

Best Regards

Jim Watkins

Maramu Act II

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Is anyone aware of a insurance company that offers yacht insurance for a reasonable premium that includes named windstorm coverage outside the hurricane area (Curacao)?

Our current broker (Used to be Y-yacht but taken over by Topsail) seems to unable to meet this request.

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Very pleased with my policy. I am in Martinique.

Chuck Lacey

Joy 388

John R Hall

Manager

Anjo Insurances

Woods Centre

P.O.Box 104

St. John’s

Antigua

Direct Tel: 268 480 3060

Mobile Tel: 268 726 7047

Main Office Tel: 268 480 3050

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 1:38 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Dear Forum,

Is anyone aware of a insurance company that offers yacht insurance for a reasonable premium that includes named windstorm coverage outside the hurricane area (Curacao)?

Our current broker (Used to be Y-yacht but taken over by Topsail) seems to unable to meet this request.

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Bryce Procter

I was with Topsail for the last two years and were excellent to deal with. Recently not so much, a friend tried to insure his boat with them several months ago and ended up going elsewhere as I am now looking to do myself. Most boats will likely be tied up in marinas for the next year or two so surely their risk has come down.

Drew Gaffney

We just renewed with Topsail for our 2nd year after Pantaenius left the market and Markel/IMIS wouldn't take us back because of "pandemic in Italy" despite our never having a claim, including the previous 7 years them.
With global warming's bigger, earlier, and more frequent storms, this is only going to worsen...
Good luck!
Drew Gaffney
Revelation SM390
Carloforte, Sardinia

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 19:38 Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Dear Forum,

Is anyone aware of a insurance company that offers yacht insurance for a reasonable premium that includes named windstorm coverage outside the hurricane area (Curacao)?

Our current broker (Used to be Y-yacht but taken over by Topsail) seems to unable to meet this request.

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Arno Luijten

In the end I got a really nice insurance from a renowned Dutch insurance company. They do limit themselves to Dutch customers and Dutch registered vessels so not really for most of the people here.

I also got an offer from Edward William insurances that looked good on paper but failed my background check on both the broker as the underwriter (ION Insurances, Costa Rica). Looking at their 2019 financial report I decided this was not for me.
I also received an offer from Pantaenius Germany but that was stupid expensive for getting hurricane coverage for Curacao. Tried some others as well but most scare away from hurricane risks even outside the known hurricane paths.

Thanks to all that have responded

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Michael & Robyn

Hi Arno,

we went to https://www.hkva.de/en/#
They use the AXA group as underwriter.

kind regards
Michael & Robyn
RIPPLE SM2k#417

Currently in Brunswick GA USA

Jeroen Jeltes

hallo Arno,  could you please provide me with the Dutch insurer.  I am very interested.