Aletes

Mike Ondra

Amel Friends,

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things:

Of shoes-and ships–and sealing-wax–of cabbages–and kings–

And why the sea is boiling hot–and whether pigs have wings.

Indeed, the time has come to say goodbye to Aletes. We have had a wonderful 16 years with her – exciting adventures and countless memories shared with so many friends. Time at sea with great comrades unburdens the mind and nourishes the soul.

The support of the Amel family has been a true blessing in owning and maintaining this marvelous and complex vessel. We thank all of you who have shared your knowledge and experience. A finer bunch of sailors there is not.

We will sorely miss Aletes as we close this chapter of boat ownership. Who knows what may come next? Anyone need crew?

In any case, we have learned that the sea is not boiling hot, and pigs don’t have wings – although some fish do.

Ps: The new owner is Aleksie Mayeosyan with plans of sailing with his family down the East Coast of the U.S. and on to Mexico, Panama, and the Pacific. He can pick up the Aletes story from here.

Mike and Tom

Former caretakers of Aletes SM#240, Rock Hall, MD

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Mikwe and Tom, Sorry to see you go. All the best for your future adventures

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 24 October 2021 at 09:38 "Mike Ondra via groups.io" <mdondra@...> wrote:

[...]

Brent Cameron

Yes. I’m also sorry to see you both go. Thanks for the tour of Aletes during the Amel get together  and your informed posts over the years. I learned a lot. Al Elsie and his family are getting a great boat that will serve them well. Happy trails!

Brent

--
Brent Cameron

Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Canada

Nicolas Klene

Mike and Tom all the best for your new life , any present, past or futur Amel owner will always be welcome on DarNico to share their wisdom and a good moment , once family …always family ! Keep well
Nicolas
DarNico
Amel 53 #471
Still in Marseille 🇫🇷

Le 23 oct. 2021 à 21:38, Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra@...> a écrit :

[...]

SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Patrick McAneny

Tom & Mike,
Diane and I have enjoyed getting to know you guys over all these years , you know where we live ,stop by anytime you are down this way ,we can get you back out for a sail on Shenanigans and the Sassafras.
Take Care,
Pat & Diane
SM Shenanigans
Sassafras River ,Md.

[...]

karkauai

Mike and Tom, thank you for your posts and humor and friendship.  You will be missed here and on the water.  All the best in your new pursuits.

Aleksie, welcome to the family!  You will find lots of great help here, and new friends ready to share their expertise, experience, and ideas.

Be safe.
Have fun
Sail fast.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy
Heading S in a few weeks, hopefully thru the Canal by Spring

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

Mike, you and Tom will be missed but never forgotten!

Thanks for your superb participation in this Group and thanks for all of the things you have shared. I am sure that many Amel owners who have benefitted from what you have shared agree with this.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 3:38 PM Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Alexey Mateosyan

Mike and Tom,

that was pleasure for me to meet with you and spend all this time on Aletes, really great experience, I learnt a lot about the boat, thank you for everything that you share with me. You are always welcome on board of Aletes.

--
Best regards,
Aleksei