Amel 55 free fall mode for windlass?

Billy Newport

Hi
We were anchoring the other night and our windlass seemed to just let chain out as if there was no clutch, the chain counter said free fall during this.

What is free fall? The quick manuals, well, they could be better let's say. My DR4 windlass says it has manual free fall which is loosening the clutch with a winch handle?

Auto free fall seems to be a single press of down kicking it off with a single up button stopping it. I'm trying to figure out is this user error or a fault. The second time it let go, a single up button tap stopped it. So, was it auto fall?

Thanks

Billy ,(55#56)