Amel craning

Gerhard Mueller

Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

ste.dente

Hi Gerard, yes we did it, three times. We did it in Bocca di Magra, Liguria, Italy. Our “cran operator” learned to do it from the owner of a Super Maramu. I will send also a photo.
Fair wind

Stefania & Dietmar
S/Y Euploia SN #93
Actually in Cartagena ( Spain)

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222 <Bijorka@...>

He Gerhard i do this in Messolingi two times works perfekt

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222 <Bijorka@...>

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Dennis Johns

Yes, Maramu done several times with mast up:

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

INUS - BUSCH

Gerhard,
they have done it this February without problems. Fast and easy. Only the aftstay of the main had to be lowered.
Dieter
Sharki #135
image

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 08.05.2022 um 09:46 schrieb Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode@...>:

Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?
Lift2.jpgLift1.jpg
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Ian Park

Yes
My Santorin hauled out with mast up. No problems. I bought 4 x 6 ton shackles that fitted the brackets.

Ian
Ocean Hobo

On 8 May 2022, at 17:05, Dennis Johns <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Yes, Maramu done several times with mast up:

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?
Lift2.jpgLift1.jpg
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Libertad on crane.jpg

Ian Park

PS from Ocesn Hobo
If the main single lifting tackle is likely to rub against and damage the triatic stay, you either have to remove the stay or you can shorten one side of lifting chains by one link to slightly tilt the boat as it is lifted (quicker solution).
Ian

On 8 May 2022, at 18:09, Ian Park via groups.io <parkianj@...> wrote:

Yes
My Santorin hauled out with mast up. No problems. I bought 4 x 6 ton shackles that fitted the brackets.

Ian
Ocean Hobo

On 8 May 2022, at 17:05, Dennis Johns <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Yes, Maramu done several times with mast up:

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?
Lift2.jpgLift1.jpg
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Libertad on crane.jpg

Yes. When we loaded on a transport ship. The SM is amazing, but sadly every year getting older.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sun, May 8, 2022, 13:09 Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
Yes
My Santorin hauled out with mast up. No problems. I bought 4 x 6 ton shackles that fitted the brackets.

Ian
Ocean Hobo

On 8 May 2022, at 17:05, Dennis Johns <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Yes, Maramu done several times with mast up:

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Add two shackles to the port side and the SM tilts enough to remove the Triadic, or writee for instructions on how to easily remove the Triadic.

On 8 May 2022, at 18:09, Ian Park via groups.io <parkianj=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes
My Santorin hauled out with mast up. No problems. I bought 4 x 6 ton shackles that fitted the brackets.

Ian
Ocean Hobo

On 8 May 2022, at 17:05, Dennis Johns <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Yes, Maramu done several times with mast up:

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Gerhard Mueller via groups.io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anybody ever craned an Amel like that? With or without mast?

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently North Sea, Germany

Gerhard Mueller

The best forum ever, thank you all so much and especially for the hints.

I hesitated to use this lifting style but now I am tranquilized.