Topics

Amel Euros 41 - Autopilot, what autopilot! Anyone recognise these parts please?

Andrew Eaves

Hi all

I have disconnected the chain to the shaft of the steering wheel firstly.

1. Is this standard Amel autopilot do you know?
2. What/where was the control unit/compass bumpf as I presume it isn't built into the motor part??
3. Is this circuit board specifically for the autopilot or does it have other functionality?
4. I was told today by the original owner, he thinks you may be able to hook up some kind of Raymarine control box to this motor. Does anyone know if that or anything else is possible? I'm not going to try and reinstate whatever the original control unit was, wherever that is :)

Thank all.

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

i don't think the Euros was equipped with an autopilot from Amel
our Euros 39 had no AP and was upgraded by us
Greetings to Elja
SM Balu

Von meinem iPhone gesendet