[Amel Yacht Owners] Deck light / Steaming light SM2000

Mark Erdos

Alan,

Here you go:

Series 41 Masthead/Foredeck Light, White

Vessels up to 65' (20 m) | 3 NM visibility | 50 Watt foredeck light

By: Aqua Signal

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/aqua-signal-series-41-masthead-foredeck-light-white-41405-1

You will need to change the bulbs to 24v.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:49 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck light / Steaming light SM2000

Does anyone know the make / model of the light on the main mast ?

I broke ours today with some mishandling of the gennaker halyard.

Thanks

Alan

Elyse SM437

greatketch@...

Alan,

If that fixture does not match your configuration, raise your hand.  Ours is different.  We have  separate light fixtures for steaming light and deck light.  I can dig up the fixture information for that set up...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

Alan Leslie

Thanks mark..that's the one
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Tim Melbourne

Mark, Alan,
My steaming/deck light just self-destructed.
Did the holes line up for this new unit versus the original Amel installed, or did you have to drill any new holes in the mast? 
Thanks
Tim
SM2K #306

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

I bought the same light for my steaming and deck light, but have not installed it yet.   It will not fit the same holes, and due to the fact that the SM has the Deck light mounted lower than the Steaming light, the wiring will also need a bit of work.  So, expect to do a bit of rewiring, and new mounting holes for the rivets on your new LED lights.  But, it should look and work wonderfully for the next few years.

Best,

SM2K#262
Aquarius
Ken Powers

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

OK, I made a mistake.  I bought the light listed below to replace the Deck and Steaming light:

Aqua Signal Series 43 Masthead/Foredeck Mast Mount Led Combo Light - 12v/24v - White Housing

SKU: AQS3108202000

It was about $420 at Hodges Marine Sales.

Best,

Ken Powers

Mark Erdos

Hi Tim,

Mine fit perfectly and the holes aligned. 3 wires – easy peasy. It is mounted with pop rivets. I carefully drilled out the old ones and had no issue getting the new one to align.  

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Melbourne
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 6:05 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck light / Steaming light SM2000

Mark, Alan,
Did the holes line up for this new unit versus the original Amel installed, or did you have to drill any new holes in the mast? 
Thanks
Tim
SM2K #306

Mark Erdos

One more thought on this. It is a good idea to add washers to the screws holding on the deck light part. My new one was slapped with the halyard and came apart (made in China). The screws pulled through the plastic housing.

mast light.JPG

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Melbourne
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 6:05 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck light / Steaming light SM2000

Mark, Alan,
Thanks
Tim
SM2K #306

Tim Melbourne

My old one did that, too.  
Super advice, thank you and thanks for the photo, too- super helpful. 
-Tim
SM2K #306