Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] dockwise vessel shipping service

John Martin <jjmartin24@...>

Hello

I am a delivery skipper (based in Virginia) and am actively seeking to buy a used Super Maramu. I joined the Yahoo Amel Owners Group as it seemed a very good way to learn more about them and network with other owners.

I have never actually used the Dockwise transportation service but have spoken to them regarding shipping of a 50 foot sailboat for a client. The Dockwise people seem very professional and responsive. I normally do the deliveries myself "on their own bottoms" but this particular client wanted to get his yacht from St. Vincent all the way to Thailand and we agreed that for such a long trip (11,000 miles) shipping the yacht made more sense than a delivery skipper and crew. However, since Dockwise doesn't go all the way to the Far East, we will use another shipping line for the Thailand delivery.

Regarding your need to move your boat form Mexico to Florida, if you would be interested in a delivery captain & crew for this trip, I would be personally very interested in discussing it with you. It would be a good opportunity for me to get more personal experience with the Amels, their sailing characteristics, systems and designs. I would consider offering a very competetive, minimal cost delivery estimate if you would be interested.

I have owned my own sailboat for almost thirty years, have a 50 ton Coast Guard License, have extensive racing and ocean cruising experience, including a circumnavigation. I've enclosed my resume that gives more details.

Regards

John Martin

----- Original Message -----
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:55 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] dockwise vessel shipping service

Has anyone used the yacht transport service "Dockwise"? We would be
interested in your experience/comments good or bad. We are thinking
of shipping our Maramu from Mexico to Florida and would appreciate
any feedback.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
amelyachtowners-unsubscribe@...

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.